Help in your community during Coronavirus
Published: 12 March 2020
Visit the Community Hub for help and advice for you and your community
We've put together some trusted help and advice to help you, your family and your community stay safe during the Coronavirus pandemic. With official health advice, changes to council services, useful links for financial advice and a list of helplines should you feel like you're struggling. There's also information on offering help in your community or if you need help and support with shopping, or chatting to someone on the phone.
Community Helpline 0300 200 1008
Open Monday to Friday: 8am to 6pm, Saturday and Sunday: 10am to 12pm
We have set up a new community helpline to direct you to services that can help during the coronavirus pandemic.
This community phone line is here for two things:
- To help direct residents who need support, if friends and family are unable to help with such things as picking up shopping, prescription collections or having someone who can be a telephone friend, and other services that can help.
- To provide advice on where to register your offer of help to support your community.
The Community Helpline will not be able to provide any public health advice (please use existing services such as 111).
Other council services
If you need answers to general enquiries relating to council services, please see our: Contact us webpages.
If you need to contact Adult Social Care you can find contact details here.
If you need to contact Children's Social Care including Surrey Children's Single Point of Access you can find contact details here.
Community Hub website
Visit the Surrey County Council Community Hub Coronavirus website for community information, help and support during Coronavirus.
Read more articles in this section
- Is a loved one struggling to manage at home?
Check online to access information and see if you could get support
- Children are doubling up on sugar
Sugar swap for healthier snacks
- Fire safety for vulnerable adults
Help is at hand
- Helping residents stay safe and well
Reduce the risk of fire in the home
- Helping you stay warm this winter
Getting your home more energy efficient and reducing your fuel bills