Competition terms and conditions
Published: 10 March 2015
- Council: Surrey County Council of Woodhatch Place, 11 Cockshot Hill, Reigate, Surrey RH2 8EF ("The Council");
- Entrants: Residents of Surrey only
- Organisers of competitions: Surrey County Council's Communications' Team
Terms and conditions
- Competitions are placed in Surrey Matters and are open to all residents of the Surrey, but exclude all Surrey County Council employees and their relatives and employees of the participating businesses and their relatives. No third party entries or bulk entries will be accepted. The council reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants and the Prize may be withheld until and unless the Council is satisfied with the verification.
- Only one entry per person is allowed.
- Entries not complying with these terms and conditions will be invalid.
- Entries must include an email address, daytime telephone number or postal address for contacting the winner.
- The winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries received. Each winner will be notified by email or phone after the competition closes.
- The prize is awarded conditionally upon acceptance and if a winner is unable to be contacted after 28 days or if any prize is unclaimed or declined within a reasonable period, the prize shall be deemed as unclaimed or unaccepted and a supplementary winner may be drawn at the council's discretion.
- The council will not be responsible for any inability of a prizewinner to take up the specified prize.
- The council reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of similar value should the specified prize become unavailable for reasons beyond its reasonable control. Cash or credit alternatives will not be offered. The prize is not transferable.
- In the event of fraud, abuse, or an error affecting the proper operation of the competition, including the allocation of more prizes than are available, the council reserves the right to end or suspend the Competition; declare void the notification of winner; and re-allocate available prizes by conducting a new competition.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
- Incomplete entries and entries received after the competition closing date will be disqualified from the competition.
- Entrants' data will be collected, stored and processed for the purposes of administering and assessing competitions. The council shall take all reasonable care to ensure that it complies with its obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998. The Council's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Council reserves the right to suspend, cancel, postpone or amend the competition and/or review and revise these terms and conditions.
- By entering in the competition, it is deemed that entrants have accepted the terms and contracts contained herein.
- The promotion is governed by English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.