Skip to main content

Support to live and age well independently

Published: 29 January 2020

Where to find support in Surrey

Growing older, living with a disability or caring for a loved one doesn't mean that you can't live well doing the things that are important to you. Support can come from many places – including friends, family, community, voluntary organisations and private care companies.

If you have care and support needs, or look after someone who has, your first port of call will often be the Surrey Information Point website - a "one-stop shop" which will help link you to support in your local community.

If you have ongoing or urgent care needs

If you have ongoing care needs the county council's adult social care service may need to discuss them in more detail. This new video describes the sort of conversation we'll have with you – about how you can stay independent and well, what matters to you and what you need to achieve your goals. We'll spend time talking this through with you, listening and exploring different options.

If you have long-term care needs, which are eligible for care and support from the council, we'll work alongside you to develop a personal support plan. As the video explains, this will make the most of all the support you have around you – including from family, friends and in your community - to help you stay independent, healthy and active for as long as possible.

If you believe you are in urgent need of care you can contact the Adult Social Care information and advice line on 0300 200 1005 or via text on 07527 182 861.

Read more articles in this section

View all articles in this section