- Telephone: 03456 009 009 (9am-5pm weekdays, excluding bank holidays)
- Email: email@example.com
- Textphone (via Text Relay): 18001 03456 009 009
- Telephone from overseas: +44 20 8541 9944 (9am-5pm weekdays, excluding bank holidays)
- SMS: 07860 053 465
- Emergency SMS: The emergencySMS service lets deaf, hard of hearing and speech-impaired people in the UK send an SMS text message to the UK 999 service.
- Fax: 020 8541 9575
- Minicom: 020 8541 9698
Calls to 03 numbers from any network will cost no more than those to 01 and 02 numbers and count as part of any call package.
Please note: Calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
- Access to Surrey Fire and Rescue information - freedom of information requests, and reports and data on our activities.
- Fire safety for businesses - enquire about fire safety requirements for businesses.
- Report concerns about someone who may be a potential firesetter, or call us on freephone 0800 085 0767.
- Fire service recruitment information.
- Fire hydrant problems - to report missing hydrants or damage, or to find out where your nearest fire hydrant is located, contact our Water Office Manager on telephone: 01737 242444 or fax: 01737 222857 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Water Office also offers the facility of locating, inspecting, posting and plating private fire hydrants at a modest price per inspection. Please supply your address when contacting us.
Your feedback is very important to us. We want to know what you think about us, our services and the way we deliver them. You can contact us in writing or by telephone:
- Write to us: Surrey Fire and Rescue Service Headquarters, Croydon Road, Reigate, Surrey RH2 0EJ
- Telephone: 01737 242444
- Email: email@example.com
We work hard to deliver quality services, but from time to time things may go wrong or we may not meet your expectations. We welcome complaints as an opportunity to put things right and improve our performance. The service will investigate all formal complaints in accordance with county council procedures.
Details of previous complaints and compliments, as well as feedback on our performance at incidents can be downloaded at the bottom of this page.
- Safe and Well visit - arrange a safety visit for your home.
- To visit your local fire station - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Talks to schools - arrange a fire safety talk to years two, five, and eight.
- Visit to an early years setting - arrange a visit to your school/setting for children aged three to five.
Alternatively, you can view the locations and details of Surrey's fire stations via the Surrey interactive map. (Once in the map go to: 'People and community', tick 'fire stations' and then 'refresh map', to see the locations).
Files available to download
- Surrey Fire and Rescue Service - complaints 2012 - 2013 (33.5 KB)
- Surrey Fire and Rescue Service - compliments cumulative April - March 2012 - 2013.xls (35.5 KB)
- Surrey Fire and Rescue Service - after the incident results (domestic) 2011 - 2012 (1.8 MB)
- Surrey Fire and Rescue Service - after the incident results (non domestic) 2011 - 2012 (1.4 MB)