If you own, manage or operate a business, charity or other organisation you must comply with fire safety legislation.
Our Business Fire Safety Team is responsible for the regulation and enforcement of fire safety legislation in non-domestic premises, and provides free advice to help local businesses comply.
We can offer advice on any issues relating to fire safety such as fire risk assessment, business continuity, arson reduction, maintenance and training.
- The Fire Safety Order and your responsibilities
- Fire Risk Assessments (including fire safety checklists)
- Dangers from paraffin-based creams
- Fire safety in purpose-built flats
- Arson prevention (PDF)
- Building cladding - safety checks and testing
- Fire alarms
- Fire doors
- Sprinkler systems
- Commercial deep fat fryers
- Fire safety for events
- Compost piles
- Timber framed construction
- Fire safety for historic and listed buildings
- Fire safety for thatched roofs
- Fire safety for waste sites
Contact and feedback
- Contact the Surrey business fire safety office
- Submitting building regulation consultations electronically
- SFRS Fire Safety Audit Questionnaire
Our commitment to you
- We will draw up clear standards, setting out the level of service and performance that you can expect to receive.
- We will deal with you in an open and honest way.
- We will provide a courteous, efficient and helpful service.
- We will respond promptly and positively to complaints about the service.
- We will ensure that enforcement action is proportionate to the risks in each case.
- We will carry out our duties fairly and consistently.
- We will monitor and review the quality and nature of our enforcement activities. This will assess the effectiveness of our enforcement policy and allow us to improve it..