Surrey Fire and Rescue Service promotes six core values and behaviours that support our staff and guide the behaviours we expect of them.
Our values are important as they help us to be a high performing organisation and to lead by example.
Our core values and behaviours are:
Responsibility - We are answerable for our decisions and actions.
- Take responsibility for our actions and omissions.
- Be accountable for delivering our part of the organisation's mission.
- Ask for help and work as one team to achieve our goals.
Fairness and respect - We embrace diversity and a culture of inclusivity.
- Be respectful to others and have the courage to challenge poor behaviour.
- Recognise and value the contributions and talents of all, for the benefit of individuals and the organisation.
- Contribute to an open and non-judgemental culture where everyone.
Honesty and integrity - We are truthful and trustworthy. We do the right thing, even if it is not the easiest option.
- Admit to mistakes and allow the organisation to learn from them.
- Deliver and accept constructive feedback in order to continuously improve.
- Engage in open, mature and honest communication.
- Do what is right, even if it's not convenient or for individual benefit.
- Keep to our promises.
- Work openly with colleagues and build relationships based on trust and a common purpose.
Leadership - We choose to lead by example and inspire others in an ethical way.
- Encourage others to be the best they can be by demonstrating high standards at all times.
- Use our values to support ourselves, colleagues and the organisation to perform at the highest level.
- Make ethical, legal, and transparent decisions.
Openness - We are open to new ideas.
- Be flexible and willing to accept new challenges and ways of working.
- Encourage innovation through active engagement and understanding how we can do things better.
- Be open and transparent in our actions and decisions, putting the organisation before personal gain.
Professionalism - We will always be the best we can be.
- Understand the needs of our residents and do all we can to deliver the best service possible.
- Use skills, judgement and self-control to conduct ourselves appropriately at all times.
- Remain curious and continue to learn -seek out new experiences and knowledge.
Files available to download