What is Fire Cadets?
Fire Cadet units provide an exciting and unique opportunity to develop both personal and social skills by promoting self-discipline, teamwork and citizenship within a uniformed service.
As a fire cadet you will be treated as a young firefighter. Provided with your own uniform, you will be expected to attend a weekly drill night at your local fire station. Here you will learn many of the skills of a firefighter and work towards a number of awards while having fun and making new friends. You will be expected to show a certain amount of discipline and commitment, just like a firefighter.
Fire Cadets meets for 2 hours each week at Guildford Fire Station during school term time only.
What you will learn:
- Fire Safety – learn how to keep yourself and others safe by understanding hazards, risks and control measures.
- What to do in an emergency – learn about fire safety in the home and create your own fire plan as well as how we work with other emergency services.
- Basic first aid – how to help people in an emergency.
- Firefighting skills – what firefighters do, the equipment we use, and how we help others.
- Life skills – how to be a positive citizen and an active member of your community
If you are interested in joining please email email@example.com