Surrey Fire and Rescue Service will open its doors to the public on Saturday 20 July 2019 from 10am until 4pm at its headquarters in Reigate. The popular, free entry event is a fun and informative day for children and adults alike, and was attended by over 4, 000 people last year.
On the day:
- Meet firefighters and see vehicles and equipment including old and new fire engines, boats, aerial ladders, water carriers and military vehicles
- Activities for children including fire engine rides, hose squirting, bouncy castles, mini fire engines, colouring and giveaways
- Picnic area
- Live music and radio broadcast
- Refreshments including hot food stands and ice creams
- Demonstrations including firefighting through the ages, road traffic collisions, fire service dogs, CPR and rescues at height
- Experience what it's like to be a firefighter in our smoke filled room
- Visit Reigate fire station, our workshops and museum
- Learn vital fire safety advice
- Visit information stands from other emergency services and exhibitors
- Opportunity to buy fire service merchandise and other products.
Please note that for safety reasons, there will not be any parking on site except for exhibitors and blue badge parking. For alternative parking and travel options, please see our headquarters page.