Be in with a chance of winning one of two Amazon Alexa's for your car
By entering the driving under the influence prevention campaign competition, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
The competition is being run and organised by Surrey Fire and Rescue Service (SFRS) Communications Team, which is part of Surrey County Council's Community Protection Group. Surrey County Council (SCC) of Woodhatch Place, 11 Cockshot Hill, Reigate, Surrey, RH2 8EF.
Eligibility to enter
- The competition is open to Surrey residents over 17 years of age.
- There must only be one entry per household.
- The competition is free to enter.
- No third-party entries or bulk entries will be accepted. The council reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants and the prize may be withheld until and unless SCC is satisfied with the verification.
- Entries not complying with these terms and conditions will be invalid.
- Entries must include a name, contact number, Surrey address including post code as well as the correct answer to the question "how many times does the Police Officer knock on the door in our driving under the influence prevention campaign video?"
- The competition will run from Wednesday 1 December 2021 at 00:01am until Friday 31 December 2021 at 11:59pm.
- The prize is awarded conditionally upon acceptance and if a winner is unable to be contacted after 28 days or if any prize is unclaimed or declined within a reasonable period, the prize shall be deemed as unclaimed or unaccepted and a supplementary winner may be drawn at the council's discretion.
- The winners will be selected at random from all eligible entries on the week commencing 3 January 2022. The Communications Team will then contact the winners via telephone after the competition closes and arrange delivery by either your nearest fire and rescue crew or another member of SFRS personnel.
- The council will not be responsible for any inability of a prize-winner to take up the specified prize.
- The council reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of similar value should the specified prize become unavailable for reasons beyond its reasonable control. Cash or credit alternatives will not be offered. The prize is not transferable.
- In the event of fraud, abuse, or an error affecting the proper operation of the competition, including the allocation of more prizes than are available, the council reserves the right to end or suspend the competition; declare void the notification of winner; and re-allocate available prizes by conducting a new competition.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
- Incomplete entries and entries received after the competition closing date will be disqualified from the competition.
- Entrants' data will be collected, stored and processed for the purposes of administering and assessing competitions. The council shall take all reasonable care to ensure that it complies with its obligations under the UK General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018. SCC's decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into outside of this competition.
- All applicant's data will be permanently deleted after the winners have claimed their prize.
- SCC reserves the right to suspend, cancel, postpone or amend the competition and/or review and revise these terms and conditions.