Find information and answers to frequently asked questions about our fire, road and water safety sessions.
- What do our school visits offer?
- About the sessions
- Special educational needs and disabilities
- How do I book?
- Contact us
What do our school visits offer?
We aim to deliver innovative, engaging and age-appropriate safety education sessions that will equip young people with the knowledge and skills that they need to keep themselves safe, both now and in the future.
Our school visits include:
- Original content that exactly fits our key safety messages.
- Complements the curriculum and links to PSHE Association guidance.
- Dynamic and pupil-led sessions, encouraging questions and collaboration throughout.
- Learning that is interactive, inclusive, and easily applied beyond the classroom.
- Inclusive and accessible to all with adaptations and alternatives available.
We have created detailed lesson plans that will challenge and educate the pupils in an accessible and engaging way, whilst recognising how different children learn and the range of teaching strategies required to ensure all pupils can achieve the learning outcomes.
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
Accessible to all
All our sessions can be adapted to meet the needs of children and young people with additional needs. Our Education Officers will work with you prior to the visit to identify the children's specific needs and provide suitable adaptations to ensure all pupils can achieve the learning outcomes.
This could include:
- Adapted resources (large print, coloured paper etc)
- Transcripts and subtitles for media resources
- Alternative activities
- Length of session
- Sharing materials in advance for adaptation by you
For more information or to discuss your requirements email our Education Officers at firstname.lastname@example.org
SEND school fire safety visit
We deliver bespoke fire safety sessions to special schools throughout the year.
Following consultation with the class teacher we will design and deliver an accessible session that meets the needs of the children.
For more information email our Education Officers at email@example.com
About the sessions?
How long are the sessions?
Sessions are between 45 minutes to 60 minutes broken down into smaller key messages.
How many pupils can be in one session?
Sessions are delivered to a maximum class size of 34.
We do not deliver our sessions to whole year groups as we find that interactive workshops with smaller groups allow for a better learning experience than assemblies or lectures where opportunities for questions are often limited
Who delivers them?
- The Early Years Foundation Stage fire safety session for Reception comprises two distinct parts. Firstly the children enjoy and explore the Early Years Learning Box in class, then a crew from your local fire station will visit the class to consolidate their learning.
- The Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 fire safety school visits are delivered by our Education Officers.
- The Key Stage 3 fire safety and water safety sessions are delivered by our Education Officers.
- The Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5 road safety session Safe Drive, Stay Alive is delivered as part of a multi-agency presentation at Dorking Halls or via an online film.
What not to expect
- Fire crews to attend in a fire engine. The crew visit is only part of the Early Years fire safety session for Reception. All other sessions are delivered by our Education Officers.
- Fires to be set in the playground. We do not set any fires as part of our sessions.
How do I book?
Make a booking
- Early Years Learning Box and crew visit to Reception. Visits will start from 01 September 2021.
- Key Stage 1, Key Stage 2, Key Stage 3 and special school fire and water safety sessions.
Please use the booking system to book one session per class with a maximum of 34 students.
All our sessions are available to book Monday to Thursday, term time only.
Three windows of start times are available:
- 9am to 9.30am
- 11.15am to 11.45am
- 1.30pm to 2.30pm.
When booking, please select the start window that best suits your requirements. You will then be prompted to specify a time in your chosen window.
Please give at least 7 days notice or email the Education Officers to check if we have any late availability at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How far in advance can I book?
Bookings are available a term in advance and open from the start of half term the previous term.
Can we book multiple sessions in a day?
In most cases one Education Officer will attend the school and can complete a maximum of three separate sessions in a day. One session equals one class with a maximum of 34 children.
Early years - Only one crew visit as the crews will be on active duty and need to be available to attend emergencies, even if this means leaving a session early.
If you would like to make an enquiry about block bookings or book for more than 6 classes please email our Education Officers at email@example.com
How much does the session cost?
All of our sessions are free.
If you have any questions about any of our school visits or resources please email our Education Officers at firstname.lastname@example.org