Managing fire safety in your business
To assist in managing fire safety, a set of guides have been produced by the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government which explain what you have to do to comply with fire safety law.
The guides help you to carry out a fire risk assessment at your workplace and identify the general fire precautions you need to have in place.
They are designed so that a responsible person with limited training or experience should be able to carry out a fire risk assessment and make sure that they are meeting the requirements of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
Risk assessment guides for your business
Below is a list of various business related fire risk assessment guides for fire safety in a range of workplaces.
- Offices and shops
- Factories and warehouses
- Sleeping accommodation
- Residential care premises
- Educational premises
- Small and medium places of assembly (holding 300 people or less)
- Large places of assembly (holding more than 300 people)
- Theatres, cinemas and similar premises
- Open air events and venues
- Healthcare premises
- Animal premises and stables
- Transport premises and facilities