Our partners (Surrey Fire and Rescue)
Surrey Local Resilience Forum (LRF) is a multi-agency partnership made up of representatives from local public services, including the Emergency Services, Local Authorities, NHS England and the Environment Agency. These are all Category One Responders under the Civil Contingencies Act 2004. The LRF is also supported by Category Two Responders, such as Highways England and utility companies.
The Surrey LRF brings together all agencies with a significant role to play in responding to and recovery from the effects of emergencies, and was formed to meet the requirements of the Civil Contingencies Act 2004. The LRF aims to plan and prepare for local incidents and large scale emergencies.
List of Category One Responders
- Surrey Police
- Surrey Fire and Rescue Service
- South East Coast Ambulance Service
- British Transport Police
Local Authorities and County Councils
- Surrey County Council
- Elmbridge Borough Council
- Epsom and Ewell Borough Council
- Guildford Borough Council
- Mole Valley District Council
- Spelthorne Borough Council
- Surrey Heath Borough Council
- Reigate and Banstead Borough Council
- Runnymede Borough Council
- Tandridge District Council
- Waverley Borough Council
- Woking Borough Council
- NHS England South (South East)
- Public Health England
- Ashford and St Peter's Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals
- Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust
- Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
List of Category Two Responders
- NHS Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs)
- NHS East Surrey CCG
- NHS Guildford and Waverley CCG
- NHS North West Surrey CCG
- NHS Surrey Downs CCG
- NHS Surrey Heath CCG
- NHS North East Hampshire and Farnham CCG
This work is supported by a network of sub groups, each of which brings together multi-agency partners to deliver more detailed planning in areas. The current sub groups include:
- Community Resilience Group
- Welfare Group
- Command, Control, Coordination and Communication Group
- Risk Assessment Working Group
- Adverse Weather Group
- Training and Exercising Group
- Utilities Liaison Group
- Local Authority Group
Other responsibilities of the Forum
Each year the Surrey Local Resilience Forum publishes the Surrey Community Risk Register (PDF).
The Surrey Local Resilience Forum also delivers a programme of training and exercising for partners who are involved in preparing for and responding to incidents. Please contact the Surrey LRF Business Support Unit via the details below if you would like to enquire about any of the training and exercising courses on offer to partners.
Surrey Local Resilience Forum is also responsible for the writing of the Surrey Emergency Response Plan (SERP).
For more information on the Local Resilience Forum, please contact the Business Support Unit on:
- Telephone: 0208 213 2800
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please note that this inbox is not monitored out of hours).
Surrey County Council provide information on school closures.