From pregnancy through to primary school, Sure Start Children's Centres support children and their families.
They offer services for everyone, but especially for families at times when life is a bit of a struggle.
There are 58 Sure Start Children's Centres across the county and two specially designed mobile children's centres.
Each children's centre aims to provide services that are tailored to their communities needs. So services will vary but may include:
- Play and learn sessions where parents stay, have fun with their children and become involved with their learning.
- Family support, including parenting courses.
- Information and advice on how to improve your skills and find work, including links to Job Centre Plus.
- Help with keeping healthy, including advice on breastfeeding, nutrition and healthy lifestyles from pregnancy and beyond.
- Free information, advice and guidance from the children's centre staff.
- Childcare and early education at the centre, or signposting to other local childcare providers, including information on local home-based childcare.
- Information and advice sessions from Surrey Family Information Service Outreach.
Although some services are free, you will need to pay for some, including childcare.
If you would like to hear about children's centre services for children and families in your area, please fill in our Children's Centre New Parent Form.
Files available to download
- Sure Start Children's Centres leaflet (182.5 KB)
What Sure Start Children's Centres can offer