Talk with me is part of our Learn with me campaign. It's full of tips and activity ideas to get your child off to a great start.
In Surrey it's estimated that two to three children in every classroom have some form of long term communication difficulty. The eight leaflets below have been written by speech and language experts and produced by Surrey Family Information Service to help parents develop their child's language skills using everyday activities.
They start with communication tips to try during pregnancy and take you through to when your child reaches the age of five.
You can read them online or print off a copy by downloading the files at the bottom of this page.
Files available to download
- Talk with me prenatal and newborn (1.5 MB)
Communication tips for parents prenatal and newborn
- Talk with me newborn to 6 months (1.8 MB)
Communication tips for parents newborn to 6 months
- Talk with me 6 to 12 Months (1.7 MB)
Communication tips for parents 6 to 12 months
- Talk with me 12 to 18 Months (1.4 MB)
Communication tips for parents 12 to 18 months
- Talk with me 18 to 24 Months (1.7 MB)
Communication tips for parents 18 to 24 months
- Talk with me 2 to 3 years (1.5 MB)
Communication tips for parents 2 to 3 years
- Talk with me 3 to 4 years (1.5 MB)
Communication tips for parents 3 to 4 years
- Talk with me 4 years plus (1.5 MB)
Communication tips for parents 4 years plus