Does your child go to a childcare provider like a nursery, pre school or childminder? Are they 3 or 4 years old and receiving Free childcare?
If so, your childcare provider may be able to get extra funding so they can do even more to support your child. This may be through specialist training for their staff or new experiences for the children.
The funding is called Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP) and is paid directly to childcare providers.
Who is eligible?
Your child may be eligible if you receive any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided family is not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit).
Funding may also be available if your child falls into one of the following groups:
- Has been looked after by the local authority for at least one day
- Adopted from care
- Has left care through a special guardianship arrangement
- Has left care and is subject to a child arrangement order
How much money will my childcare provider receive?
Every child who is eligible for the EYPP could raise up to £302.10 a year for their childcare provider. This funding from the government goes directly to your childcare provider.
How do I apply
All you need to do is fill in an EYPP registration form and hand it to your childcare provider. They will then send the form to the Finance and Practice Team in the Surrey Family Services who will check to see if your child meets the criteria and send out any additional funding.
Any information you share will be completely confidential and this will not affect any benefits you receive. You can download the EYPP registration form from the bottom of this page or ask your childcare provider for a copy.
My childcare provider isn't aware of EYPP
Childcare providers can visit the EYPP information for childcare professionals web page to find out more about how they can benefit from the scheme.
Files available to download
- Early Years Pupil Premium registration form (664.2 KB)
This is the registration form parents and carers should fill in if they are eligible for Early Years Pupil Premium