We have provided some information below to help families in Tandridge get the most out of what's happening locally and know where to go for support if needed.
Things to do
- Leisure activities - Tandridge District Council hold details of parks, play activities and things to do in the local area.
- The three local sports and leisure centres also run activities for children and young people.
- Libraries in Surrey - there are several local libraries which run a range of activities for children and families throughout the year.
- Youth Centres - Tandridge has many youth clubs and projects where young people can meet friends, take part in a wide range of activities and receive advice from youth workers. These activities are usually for young people age 11 to 19 (25 with SEND).
- Events - our events section has details of one off fun and helpful activities taking place across Surrey.
- Holiday activities for children with special educational needs and disability (SEND) - most leisure activities in Tandridge should be inclusive but there are also some SEND specific activities running throughout Surrey.
Help and support
- Sure Start Children's Centres in Tandridge - are places where families of children under 5 can attend to take part in a wide range of activities or to receive help and advice. During school holidays, some play sessions will be open for older children to come along with their younger siblings.
- Childcare finder - keeping children entertained or in safe childcare, whilst parents work or see to other commitments can be difficult. Our Childcare Finder has details of local Ofsted registered childcare, including holiday play schemes.
- Community foodbanks and financial advice - local debt advice services and foodbanks can offer practical support and advice to families who are experiencing financial difficulties.
- Mental health - online support services allow young people to access help at a time and place that suits them.
- Helplines - can be a useful way for parents to access advice or emotional support for their family.
There are many more ways to find local and national support and leisure activities to keep children entertained throughout the year. These can be found on our Family Information Directory.