We have provided some information below to help families in Reigate and Banstead get the most out of what's happening locally and know where to go for support if needed.
Things to do
- Leisure activities - There are many activities to take part in, parks and other places for families to visit in Reigate and Banstead.
- Libraries in Surrey - Reigate and Banstead has several libraries, which run activities for younger children, reading challenges for those in early teens and volunteering opportunities for teenagers.
- Youth centres - There are youth centres and projects where young people can meet friends, take part in a wide range of activities and receive advice from youth workers.
- Events - Our events section has details of one off fun and helpful activities taking place not only in Reigate and Banstead but also across Surrey.
- Activities for children with special educational needs and disability (SEND) - Most leisure activities in Reigate and Banstead should be inclusive but there are also some SEND specific activities running throughout Surrey.
Help and support
- Sure Start Children's Centres in Reigate and Banstead - are places where families of children under 5, can attend to take part in a wide range of activities or to receive help and advice. During the holidays, some play sessions will be open for older children to come along with their younger siblings.
- Childcare finder - keeping children entertained or in safe childcare, whilst parents work or see to other commitments can be difficult. Our Childcare Finder has details of local Ofsted registered childcare, including holiday play schemes.
- Community foodbanks and financial advice - local debt advice services and foodbanks can offer practical support and advice to families who are experiencing financial difficulties.
- Mental health - local support services and online help that allow young people to access help at a time and place that suits them.
- Helplines - can be a useful way for parents to access advice or emotional support for their family.
There are many more ways to find local and national support and leisure activities to keep children entertained throughout the year. These can be found on our Directory.