We have provided some information below to help families in Surrey Heath get the most out of what's happening locally and know where to go for support if needed.
Things to do
- Leisure activities - there are many sports facilities, parks and other places for families to visit in Surrey Heath.
- Libraries in Surrey - local libraries run activities and events for children and families throughout the year.
- Youth centres and projects - enable young people to meet friends, take part in a wide range of activities and receive advice from youth workers.
- Events - our events section has details of one off fun and helpful activities taking place across Surrey.
- Holiday activities for children with Special educational needs and disability (SEND) - most leisure activities in Surrey Heath should be inclusive but there are also some SEND specific activities running throughout Surrey.
Help and support
- Parenting courses - can help parents develop a better relationship with their child through learning about discipline, positive communication and developing healthier lifestyles.
- Community foodbanks and financial advice - local debt advice services and foodbanks can offer practical support and advice to families who are experiencing financial difficulties.
- Mental health and wellbeing - there are a number of services young people can use to receive confidential expert advice to help support their mental health and emotional wellbeing.
- Helplines - can be a useful way for parents to access advice or emotional support for their family.
Further information and support
There are many more ways to find local and national support and leisure activities to keep children entertained throughout the year. These can be found on our Family Information Directory.