The information below can help families in Elmbridge to get the most out of what is happening locally and know where to go for support if needed.
Things to do
- Leisure activities - can be found on Elmbridge Borough Council website and include the Shout! Holiday Activities, museums, sports and playgrounds for children.
- Youth centres and projects - these enable young people to meet friends, take part in a wide range of activities and receive advice from youth workers. These activities are usually for young people age 11 to 19 (up to 25 with SEND).
- Libraries in Surrey - local libraries run activities and events for children and families throughout the year.
- Events - our events section has details of one off fun and helpful activities taking place across Surrey.
- Holiday activities for children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) - are available with different providers across Surrey and include playschemes and one-off family events. Elmbridge Mencap have monthly Family Fun Afternoons for children with disabilities.
Support for families
- Parenting courses - can help parents develop a better relationship with their child through learning about discipline, positive communication and developing healthier lifestyles.
- Community foodbanks and financial advice - local debt advice services and foodbanks can offer practical support and advice to families who are experiencing financial difficulties.
- Mental health and wellbeing - there are a number of services young people can use to receive confidential expert advice to help support their mental health and emotional wellbeing.
- Helplines - are a good way to receive advice or emotional support for any issue your family might be going through.
Further information and support
There are many more ways to find local and national support and leisure activities to keep children entertained throughout the year. These can be found on our Family Information Directory.