Visit this page regularly for the latest guidance for Early Years Leaders, including links to:
- General resources
- Latest government guidance
- Recent correspondence
- Surrey Says survey – keep us up to date of your offer (including opening and closure)
- Access to provision (PDF)
- Essential information sharing (WORD)
- Guidance notes - who can access (PDF)
- Who can access provision? (WORD)
- Vulnerable children (Child Protection) – provider responsibiities (PDF)
- SEND funding FAQs (PDF)
- Early Years setting FAQs (PDF) (updated 2 April 2020)
- General CFLC Commissioning Provider FAQs (WORD) (updated 3 April 2020)
Latest government guidance
- List of links to government guidance (WORD)
- School closure guidance (GOV.UK)
- Updated guidance on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Public Health England)
Temporary changes to the Early Years Foundation Stage
On 24 April 2020 government amended legislation to allow the temporary disapplication and modification of several requirements of the EYFS. These changes come into immediate effect and will allow the sector to continue to keep children safe while giving them the flexibility to respond to the potential changes in the workforce's availability and the possible fluctuations in demand.
The Early Years Foundation Stage: Coronavirus disapplications include modifications to:
- Learning and development
- Assessment - 2-year-old progress checks
- Assessment - EYFSP
- Staff qualifications and ratios
- First aid
- Safeguarding and welfare - no changes just a prompt to review child protection arrangements, policies and procedures in light of Covid-19 outbreak
Full details of these changes and how long they will remain in force can be found in the government guidance for the Early Years Foundation Stage, and leaders and managers should make themselves familiar with these temporary changes and ensure they are fully aware of how they can use this flexibility and ensure they are meeting these modified requirements during the Covid-19 outbreak.
- Important Information for CEOs, Headteachers and Chairs of Governors (PDF) (updated 24 March)
- Vicky Ford letter to Early Years sector (PDF) (updated 24 March)
- COVID-19 daily policy roundup (PDF) (updated 28 March)
- Important information for all Early Years providers open/closed status (PDF) (updated 30 March)
- Update from Lisa Harvey-Vince explaining the updated PPE guidance (YouTube) (updated 3 April)
Surrey Says survey – keep us up to date of your offer (including opening and closure)
Surrey County Council have set up a Surrey Says survey so that we can keep track of which Early Years providers have closed and which are still offering provision.
The Department for Education (DfE) guidance states that Early Years Providers should offer a place to vulnerable children and to the children of critical workers.
In order to understand what provision is available so that the Early Years team can monitor and signpost available provision, where appropriate, we are requesting that you visit Surrey Says and fill in the survey so that we have accurate and up to date information.
Please complete the survey whenever the status of your provision changes.