Coronavirus: Important information
Further to the Prime Minister's announcement on 4 January 2021, council services are being updated as further government guidance becomes available.
Information about changes to provision of Surrey County Council services as the situation arises.
Individual service updates
The following services have published separate information about how they are working.
- Adult Learning
- Marriage and civil partnership ceremonies
- Roadworks and maintenance
- Our support to providers of residential and domiciliary care services
Services that are closed
- Short Breaks for Disabled Children - Most short break schemes have been closed until further notice.
- Bus service disruption - services may be altered or reduced. Whilst known information will be published on the buses temporary change page it is suggested that you contact the operator or visit their website or social media, before travelling.
- Surrey Countryside - All the countryside car parks owned by Surrey County Council are open. The toilets are all open.
- Free Bus Pass applications - We are currently automatically renewing any free bus passes that are due to expire. New applicants are encouraged to apply online for your bus pass, please do not send any documents by post as these will be subject to severe time delays. Please see the full list of temporary changes to free bus pass applications and renewals for more information.
- Birth registration appointments will continue to be available face-to-face at Guildford, Leatherhead and Weybridge Register Offices. If the parents were married or in a civil partnership at the date of the birth, only one parent must attend.
- Blue Badge applications - applicants are advised that due to staff working from home paper applications will be subject to time delays so you are being encouraged to apply online.
- Community recycling centres - are open. Please check full details on the Community Recycling Centre webpages before you travel. Some sites may have queues as we reduce the number of people at the centre to help with social distancing. Revive Reuse Shops at Community Recycling Centres will be closed.
- Committee Meetings – all public committee meetings will now take place virtually. Meeting papers and records of decisions and minutes will still be available via the committee pages along with details of how to make public representations.
- Surrey History Centre - is closed.
- Surrey Arts - lessons will be taught face to face in a number of schools or remotely online where access to schools and after school music centres are currently unavailable.
- Meals on Wheels - this service is provided by local district and borough councils their contacts details can be found on the Social Care and Health web pages.
- Registering a death - You can still book an appointment on the phone to register a death, after you've booked an appointment a registrar will call you to register the death over the telephone.
- Surrey Schools appeals - school appeals will run audio appeals using a conference call system.
- Waste collection - there will be changes to some services please check the Surrey Environment Partnership website for details of collections in your area.
- Planning – it is not currently possible to visit the council offices to view planning applications, they continue to be available on our online register
Updates from district and borough councils
Here is a list of district and borough councils in Surrey with links to their Coronavirus update pages.
- Elmbridge Borough Council: Coronavirus update page for Elmbridge
- Epsom and Ewell Borough Council: Coronavirus update page for Epsom and Ewell
- Guildford Borough Council: Coronavirus update page for Guildford
- Mole Valley District Council: Coronavirus update page for Mole Valley
- Reigate and Banstead Borough Council: Coronavirus update page for Reigate and Banstead
- Runnymede Borough Council: Coronavirus update page for Runnymede
- Spelthorne Borough Council: Coronavirus update page for Spelthorne
- Surrey Heath Borough Council: Coronavirus update page for Surrey Heath
- Tandridge District Council: Coronavirus update page for Tandridge
- Waverley Borough Council: Coronavirus update page for Waverley
- Woking Borough Council: Coronavirus update page for Woking