Information about changes to provision of Surrey County Council services as the situation arises.
Surrey County Council Services that are closed
- Surrey Adult Learning - all face to face training has been cancelled and centres are closed.
- Surrey Arts - all ensemble rehearsals, concerts, lessons and exams are cancelled.
- Community Recycling Centres - all community recycling centres are closed from 24 March 2020 until further notice.
- Surrey Countryside - Countryside car parks owned by the county council are closed. Please don't park at the sites or on roadside verges.
- Surrey History Centre - will be closed to the public from 5pm on Friday 20 March.
- Surrey Libraries - all branches will close by 5.30pm on Friday 20 March.
- Registering a birth - birth registration appointments are currently postponed.
- Marriage or civil partnership - we are currently not able to carry out any marriages or civil partnerships.
- Surrey Schools - all Surrey schools are closed apart from those for key workers, vulnerable children or those needing specialist support.
- Planning – it is not currently possible to visit the council offices to view planning applications, they continue to be available on our online register
- Short Breaks for Disabled Children - Most short break schemes have been closed until further notice.
- Bus service disruption - services may be altered or reduced. Whilst known information will be published on the buses temporary change page it is suggested that you contact the operator or visit their website or social media, before travelling. To assist the elderly and disabled who may be travelling by bus to go to supermarkets which are offering special early morning shopping facilities, the bus operators in Surrey are allowing free travel for holders of Concessionary passes before 9.30am.
- Committee meetings – all public committee meetings will now take place as informal private meetings with no public in attendance. Meeting papers and records of decisions and minutes will still be available via the committee pages along with details of how to make public representations.
- Free Bus Pass applications - We are currently automatically renewing any free bus passes that are due to expire. New applicants are encouraged to apply online for your bus pass, please do not send any documents by post as these will be subject to severe time delays. Please see the full list of temporary changes to free bus pass applications and renewals for more information.
- Blue Badge applications - applicants are advised that due to staff working from home paper applications will be subject to time delays so you are being encouraged to apply online.
- Meals on Wheels - this service is provided by local district and borough councils their contacts details can be found on the Social Care and Health web pages.
- Parking - Single yellow line parking restrictions in quiet residential roads are not being enforced. Residents should check with their district or borough council to find out about council car parks, or if temporary parking permits are being issued.
- Registering a death - You can still book an appointment to register a death, after you've booked an appointment a registrar will call you to register the death over the telephone.
- Roadworks - Key repair and maintenance highways works are continuing to make sure that the road network remains safe for those who still need to travel. Other works, such as resurfacing, are being paused. Some works will need to continue until they are safe enough to be stopped.
- Waste Collection - there will be changes to some services please check the Surrey Environment Partnership website for details of collections in your area.
Updates from district and borough councils
Here is a list of district and borough councils in Surrey with links to their Coronavirus update pages.
- Elmbridge Borough Council: Coronavirus update page for Elmbridge
- Epsom and Ewell Borough Council: Coronavirus update page for Epsom and Ewell
- Guildford Borough Council: Coronavirus update page for Guildford
- Mole Valley District Council: Coronavirus update page for Mole Valley
- Reigate and Banstead Borough Council: Coronavirus update page for Reigate and Banstead
- Runnymede Borough Council: Coronavirus update page for Runnymede
- Spelthorne Borough Council: Coronavirus update page for Spelthorne
- Surrey Heath Borough Council: Coronavirus update page for Surrey Heath
- Tandridge District Council: Coronavirus update page for Tandridge
- Waverley Borough Council: Coronavirus update page for Waverley
- Woking Borough Council: Coronavirus update page for Woking