Skip to main content

Where to get help if you have been the victim of a crime

In an emergency dial 999

If you have been a victim of a crime you should report it to the police by calling Surrey Police by calling 999 in an emergency or 101 in a non urgent situation.

Victim Support is the national charity which helps people affected by crime. They provide free and confidential support to help you deal with your experience, whether or not you report the crime. You can call their support line on 0845 30 30 900, Monday - Friday 8am to 8pm.

You can also contact your local office of Victim Support Surrey on 0845 389 9528. Services are free, independent of the police and courts, and are available to everyone, whether or not the crime has been reported and regardless of when it happened.

If you are feeling desperate and need to speak to someone outside of the support line hours, you might like to contact the Samaritans on 08457 90 90 90 for the cost of a local call.

Information, help and support is available if you have been the victim of domestic abuse.

If you have been a victim of rape, advice and support is available for Rape Crisis.