Low carbon across the South and East (LoCASE)
What is LoCASE?
We will be running a programme called LoCASE that aims to help businesses become more competitive and profitable while protecting the environment and encouraging low carbon solutions. The LoCASE programme is supported by the European Regional Development Fund to provide a free business support programme. It offers focused, individual support to small and medium sized enterprises (including social enterprises) improving competitiveness and creating jobs through increased energy efficiency and new low carbon business. The programme will be launching in 2021.
How does it work?
LoCASE provides grants for businesses of up to £10,000 as well as an environmental training scheme and events. Targeted business support is on offer for companies who offer 'green' or low carbon goods and services. All eligible small or medium sized businesses in Surrey will be given equal opportunity to apply for a grant or support.
Grant funding can be awarded to an SME to improve business performance and profitability. The grant will form up to 40% of the cost of the eligible project, with the remainder matched by the business:
Any business can use this money toward having energy efficiency measures installed for the business. The grant can contribute to both the cost of materials or equipment and any installation. Projects which save on fuel/mileage are also acceptable.
If the business offers 'green' or low carbon goods or services, a business development grant is also available. Claims can be made against costs such as marketing, consultancy, equipment, IT software, product/process development, accreditation and certification.
Business will need to complete and submit an eligibility questionnaire. Guidance will be available to help applicants understand the criteria and projects that can be funded. To be eligible for support, businesses have to meet the following criteria:
The business must be a small or medium enterprise. This includes:
- Employing 250 full time employees or less
- Having an annual turnover of £44M or less and an annual balance sheet of £38M or less
- If another firm owns more than a quarter of the company, they must meet the above criteria
- The organisation must not have received more than approximately £180,000 of state aid in the last three years
- The organisation must be registered and operating in the county of Surrey.
- Businesses applying for the business development grant must be an organisation which offers goods or services which improves the environmental, can be considered to lower the environmental impact of their customers, or works as part of the supply chain for other businesses who do work around the environment.
These businesses should fit into one of the following categories:
- Decarbonising the energy system
- Improving energy or resource efficiency
- Preserving and enhancing the natural environment
To receive regular updates on LoCASE and other grant funding opportunities please sign up here Sign Up for News on Grant Programmes - Surrey County Council - Citizen Space (surreysays.co.uk)
For additional information please contact Cathy Miles, LoCASE Grant Programme Manager at email@example.com