Please note, you are not booking your wedding or civil partnership ceremony. This appointment is to complete the legal paperwork only.
Before booking your appointment
Before booking an appointment to give notice, it is your responsibility to read and understand the following:
- legal requirements for giving notice,
- where and when to give notice,
- cost per person, and
- documents you will need to bring with you.
Booking your appointment
- You can book an appointment to give notice of marriage or civil partnership at one of our Surrey Register Offices.
- Your appointment will last approximately 20 minutes per person.
- If there are any language difficulties you must arrange for a suitable interpreter to attend with you.
You will not be able to make an appointment online if:
- you do not know exactly where you are holding your ceremony
- you are not getting married or forming a civil partnership in England or Wales
- your ceremony is taking place in a religious building
- either of you are under the age of 18 as parental consent is required
- your divorce was finalised outside of England or Wales
- either of you are not free to marry or form a civil partnership
- you are not a British or EU Citizen
- both of you will not be resident in England or Wales at the time of giving your notice of intention to marry or form a civil partnership
- you do not have a contact telephone number
- either of you cannot speak or understand English and need an interpreter present
If one or more of the above applies to you, please contact the Surrey Registration Service to discuss your situation. Our ceremonies team will be able to advise you on any additional requirements and will be able to book your appointment for you wherever possible.
If none of the above applies to you, please continue to
If any of the above circumstances apply, please contact us to discuss your situation.