Surrey Armed Forces Covenant Conference 2021
We are really pleased to announce that the annual Surrey Armed Forces Covenant Conference will take place on Thursday 18 March, 10am-1pm.
The theme for this year will be 'The Power of Partnership'.
- Looking at the partnership with the military when responding to Covid-19 and how veterans have been supported.
- Considering the new Covenant legislation, military priorities and improving connections with our armed forces community.
We are delighted to be able to share full details of the agenda for the conference below.
Our grateful thanks to those who have agreed to speak. It is going to be an engaging and informative morning for all those attending.
If you have a particular question you would like to ask you can let us know in advance by emailing email@example.com
Due to the current circumstances we will be holding the this years' conference online via Zoom.
Go to Eventbrite to register to attend and receive further updates.
Surrey Armed Forces Covenant Conference Agenda
10am - Chairman's Welcome
Mr Peter Martin, Chairman Chairman of Surrey Civilian Military Partnership Board and Armed Forces Champion for Surrey County Council
10.10am - Surrey's Partnership Response to Covid-19
- Surrey's Local Resilience Forum (SLRF) – Steve Owen-Hughes, Chairman of SLRF and Major Sam Hibbs, HAC, Assistant Joint Regional Liaison Officer
- Military skills in a civilian environment: the PPE Cell – Tor Peebles, Surrey County Council Flood Risk Management Strategy and Partnership Team Leader and Troop Commander, RLC
- Supporting Veterans through the pandemic - TBC
10.50am - Questions
An opportunity to ask the previous speakers questions. You can email them in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org or ask them on the day.
11.05am - Break
A quick pause to make a fresh coffee.
11.15am - Supporting Armed Forces Families
Cllr Tom Gracey, Armed Forces Champion, Runnymede Borough Council
11.30am - 11 Brigade Priorities and Partnership Working in Surrey
Col John Baynham OBE, Deputy Commander 11 Infantry Brigade
11.40am - Living in Our Shoes
Prof Jan Walker OBE FAcSS FRSA
12.05pm Supportive Employer from Perspective of a Military Spouse
Ginnie Dallard MBE, KBR
12.20pm Access to Support: The Forces Connect App
Shahid Azeem DL, High Sheriff of Surrey and Chairman of Aldershot Football Club
12.30pm - Questions to panel and discussion
If you would like to submit a question in advance you can do so by emailing email@example.com
1.00pm - Close
The Chairman brings the Surrey Armed Forces Covenant Conference 2021 conference to a close