Below are links to information on the financial help and benefits available to you in Surrey. Not all state benefits are listed here - there is an A-Z listing of all types of benefit and local offices on the Department of Work and Pensions website.
The Citizens Advice Bureau Advice guide website has useful information on a wide range of benefits, and help with debt and on how to get financial advice . Money Advice Service is set up by the government for free and impartial money advice.
Cheaper travel in Surrey is available for senior citizens, the disabled, and children.
Select an index link below to go to a section within this page:
- Children, childcare and students
- Disabled or caring for someone
- Ill or injured
- Retired or on a low income
- Surrey Local Assistance Scheme
2. Children, childcare and students
- Child benefit
- Child tax credit
- Guardian's allowance
- School meals
- Student fare card scheme
- Support available to students
3. Disabled or caring for someone
4. Ill or injured
5. Retired or on a low income
6. Surrey Local Assistance Scheme
The Surrey Local Assistance Scheme is a discretionary fund run by us here at Surrey County Council. It provides help to residents who have nowhere else to turn in an emergency or after a disaster and can provide assistance to set up or maintain a home in the community