Get ready for Prudential RideLondon 2018
Published: 28 June 2018
Plan your travel around Surrey on Sunday 29 July
Prudential RideLondon returns to Surrey for its sixth year on Sunday 29 July 2018 and is now Europe's most successful cycling fundraising event with over £53 million raised for charity since it began in 2013.
There are now four events which pass through Surrey, mostly on closed roads, so be sure to plan ahead if you need to travel around Surrey on the day. Road closures start from 5.00am on Sunday 29 July to allow time for barriers to be installed, safety checks to be carried out and stewards and volunteers to get in place.
They will begin reopening again once the last amateur rider in the Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 has crossed Hampton Court Bridge. The roads from here to Forest Green will reopen while those from Forest Green onwards will remain closed until after the professional race has passed through.
Rolling road closures
Later in the afternoon, these reopened sections of the route will be used for the Prudential RideLondon Surrey Classic professional race but will be managed by rolling road closures. This involves using a motorcycle escort team to temporarily hold traffic while the race passes and reduces the impact of road closures on residents and businesses.
Which roads will be closed?
The roads that make up the routes in Surrey will close from 5.00am on Sunday 29 July to allow time for barriers to be installed, safety checks to be carried out and stewards and volunteers to get in place.
Where can you get more information?
To find out which roads are affected in Surrey you can get information from the following sources:-
Before the event
- Online - all road closure information is available online prior to the event on the Prudential RideLondon Road Closures web page.
- On the phone – you can call the helpdesk on 0345 894 9773 if you have a specific access question or other planning needs.
On the day
- At the event – there will be stewards and volunteers positioned along the routes. If you require assistance on the day that is not a 999 emergency please ask event staff to help.
- Online –
- there will be an interactive map available which will provide up to date information about roadworks, road closures and diversions and will show road reopening information in real time.
- we will be updating information throughout the day on our Surrey County Council Prudential RideLondon 2018 travel updates page and via Twitter on @SurreyTravel
- On the phone – you can ring the helpdesk on the day of the event on 0345 894 9773 if you have a specific access need.
All Prudential RideLondon road closure information is shared with travel information services, online mapping providers and satellite navigation companies.
There is a Prudential RideLondon information hub online which tells you all you need to know about the routes, road closures, public transport journey planners, spectator information, how to volunteer and any community events that might be going on over the weekend.
Read more articles in this section
- Blue Badge applications
It's quicker and more secure to apply online
- Staying safe in taxis
Staying safe in taxis
- Latest news about Surrey roadworks
Watch latest news about work on Surrey's roads
- More road fatalities occur on country roads
Advice on safer driving on countryside roads
- Improvement works to the Meadows roundabout
Plan your travel from 29 May