Improvement works to the Meadows roundabout
Published: 31 May 2018
Plan your travel from 29 May
Work to reduce congestion and journey times at the Meadows roundabout near Camberley is due to get underway soon. There are several stages to it so here's what's going on so you can plan your route before you travel.
On average, around 5,400 vehicles pass through this junction each hour. It's estimated that the work will cut travel time round the roundabout at peak times by up to a third, which will also improve the reliability of bus services.
Timings and work carried out
First up on Tuesday 29 May will be preparatory and electrical works which will last until the end of June. These works will mostly involve a lane closure on the A30 from Blackwater.
Then the main works start in July and are expected to last a year. To minimise congestion and delays most activity – such as lane closures – will take place at night. The works include:
- Creating a designated right turn from the A30 in Blackwater so drivers can head on to the A331 southbound towards Frimley and the M3 without using the main roundabout
- Lengthening the queuing lane for drivers approaching on the A331 from Frimley and the M3
- Installing new traffic signals and dynamic traffic controls so drivers can get around the roundabout with shorter queuing times
- Improving the crossing points for pedestrians and cyclists
Ways to keep up to date
Please check your route before you travel, particularly from Tuesday 29 May onwards.
There will be progress reports on the Meadows Roundabout page on the Surrey County Council website or follow @SurreyTravel on Twitter for updates.
To read 10 things you may not know about the Meadows roundabout and the scheme to reduce congestion, visit the Surrey News website.
Read more articles in this section
- New major road project
Runnymede Roundabout improvements
- Bus service improvements
Bus service improvements help to save approximately £700k
- Blue Badge applications
It's quicker and more secure to apply online
- Staying safe in taxis
Staying safe in taxis
- Latest news about Surrey roadworks
Watch latest news about work on Surrey's roads