Booking system unavailable
Please note that the online computer booking system is currently unavailable. We are currently operating a walk-in service only and you will not be able to book in advance. This is due to changes we are making to the library service IT and computer systems.
High speed internet computers are available in all the libraries.
Scanning facilities will also be available but only at the following libraries: Camberley, Epsom, Godalming, Guildford, Redhill, Staines, Weybridge and Woking. Time limit of 30 minutes on the scanner PC.
Please note that, due to IT processes, all computers are shut down 15 minutes before library closing time.
Guidelines for computer usage
We are introducing safety and social distancing measures to be able to offer this service during the current COVID-19 pandemic.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided at the library entrance before using PCs.
- We are currently only operating a walk-in service and you will not be able to book in advance. This is due to changes we are making to the library service IT and computer systems.
- Please collect a clean keyboard and mouse from the counter for your computer session and return it afterwards.
- Limiting the time on the PCs to one hour (speak to staff if you need longer for a government application such as Universal Credit) or 30 minutes for the scanner.
- Limiting the number of PCs in use.
- Only one person per PC (unless you need help).
- Children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Printing available - please pay for printing by contactless or with exact change (50p minimum).
- Reducing the amount of contact needed - staff at the library will not be able to help you, but there is a Digital Assistance helpline available, Telephone: 0300 200 1008
- Regular cleans of the PC screen, chair arms, chair back and chair control lever.
- Please use the PCs considerately and minimise waiting time for other customers.
For the latest updates and information on current library services, opening hours and how we are keeping customers and staff safe, visit our Coronavirus information page.
Can children use the computers?
If you are under 16 years of age you will need your parent or carer to either sign a permission form or to use the computer with you.
What can I use the computers for?
The computers are all connected to the internet. You can surf the web, search for information, send or receive email. However, internet access at the library is filtered, so the filter may occasionally block sites of interest. Why not use our computers for independent study following a course of your choosing? There are also word processing and other office programmes for you to use.
If you haven't used the internet before
If you are not familiar with the internet, library staff can help you get started and can help you search for information. You could also book a Digital Buddy, to help you get started.
Adult Learning run classes throughout the year and you can search their list of courses online.
Can I print pages from the internet?
Yes, there is a charge for printing:
All libraries have black and white printers, not all have colour. Check our list of Surrey libraries for details.
- 25p a sheet for black and white
- £1 a sheet for colour
Can I use USB drives in the computers?
Yes, work can be saved to USB drives.