- Group membership
- Drama groups
- The Making Music Kirby collection
- Other resources
- Ralph Vaughan Williams (1872–1958) material
- To set up membership for your drama or music group you can register your group online.
- Your drama or music group can take advantage of our competitive charges to hire from our wide selection of multiple copy sets of plays or music. How to make a request.
- Payments to be made in advance. Read our guide to group charges (PDF).
A choice of over 3,200 playsets including standard and modern plays, one act plays, plays for children and sets of librettos. We also have a selection of pantomimes.
The spreadsheet below lists all of our playsets giving you details including female and male cast:
- Playsets list (Excel, updated May 2018).
Singers and choirs have a choice of over 2,000 vocal sets of anything from 'South Pacific' to the 'Messiah', and a large section of music such as partsongs and madrigals to suit smaller groups,
Download our spreadsheet below for details of our stock including operas, musicals, collections, music suitable for upper voices and men's voices, and librettos:
- Vocal sets list (Excel, updated June 2019).
For orchestras the spreadsheet below details over 1,300 sets in stock covering a wide range of music and all levels of ability. You can look for full, string, band and school orchestra:
- Orchestral set lists (Excel, updated January 2019).
Making Music Kirby collection
The Making Music Kirby Collection is housed with us. With its own distinctive label it was launched in August 2011 thanks to a generous £148,000 legacy from Alan Kirby, Making Music's first Chairman. He was a leading figure in choral singing in Surrey and, together with his wife Ethel, was keen to ensure the continued success of choral singing in Surrey. The collection was developed between 2011–2015 and offers a wide range of choral favourites as well as some more unusual works.
- Dictionaries, encyclopedias and catalogues for reference (printed and digital).
- Naxos Music Library (streaming service) and Oxford Music Online (including Grove) available via the Adult online reference shelf.
- Internet computer and free wi-fi.
- Personal listening facilities for cassettes, CDs and vinyl.