Skip to main content

Reserve drama and music items from Ewell Library

Libraries reopening news and updates

We are intending to reopen our libraries to browsing and PC use on Monday 7 December.

Until then, libraries will offer Ready Reads, the click-and-collect service and computers for essential use. Full details on our Coronavirus information page.

All of our stock is listed in the Surrey Libraries' catalogue. You will need to be a member to borrow any items.

Personal members

We offer a range of books and audio visual material covering different aspects of the performing arts:

  • Books - Our bookstock covers all aspects of dance, theatre, stage craft, cinema, music and more. Our Shakespeare collection includes study notes, plays on CD and DVD.
  • Audio-visual - Our extensive collection of CDs and DVDs covers dance, theatre, cinema, sound effects, tutorials and music.
  • Scores - Our scores collection suits the needs of instrumentalists and singers of all standards and includes full, miniature and study scores.

If you are already a personal member of Surrey Libraries, you can borrow items from our general stock directly from us or through any Surrey library. If you are not already a member, you can join online or at your nearest Surrey library.

Reserving single/general items is easy. Use our guide and simply log into your account, choose the book you want from our catalogue and for a small charge you can reserve it.

Group members

Your drama or music group can take advantage of our competitive charges to hire from our wide selection of multiple copy sets of plays or music. There are downloadable spreadsheets to help you make your choice (use the tabs at the foot of each spreadsheet to navigate). These spreadsheets are held on NewSPAL's website, the charity which will soon be taking over the running of the collection.

If your group doesn't already have membership, you can complete our online registration form.

Please note that an annual subscription fee and hire charges are payable.

To reserve your set, please use our online play set request form or music set request form.