Are you looking for a volunteering opportunity in the summer holidays? Help with our Summer Reading Challenge by talking to children about the books they have read, helping with events and activities and inspiring children with a love of reading.
Volunteering looks great on your CV and can be a lot of fun, give it a go!
About the Summer Reading Challenge
The Summer Reading Challenge is a national scheme organised by The Reading Agency to encourage children to continue to read and visit libraries during the school holidays. You can help in many ways, including:
- Promoting the challenge by talking to children, their parents and carers and explaining how it works.
- Encouraging children to talk about the books they have read and helping them to choose more books.
- Registering children, recording their progress and handing out rewards.
- Helping with activities, promotional events and craft sessions.
You will be asked to volunteer for a minimum of ten hours spread across the period of the reading challenge.
To volunteer with us you will need to be:
- Happy working with people
- Aged between 14 and 25.
We will give you training and local staff will provide ongoing support.
Fill in our Expression of Interest form and we will be in touch with you soon.