- Scores - Our scores collection suits the needs of instrumentalists and singers of all standards and we also keep extensive collections of full, miniature and study scores.
- Plays - Our play collection covers the standards, modern plays, monologues and plays for children, plus older and rarer plays, with a good selection of foreign plays.
- Books - Our bookstock collection provides in-depth material covering all aspects of music, dance, theatre and cinema.
- Audio-visual - Our extensive collection of CDs and DVDs covers music, dance, theatre, cinema, sound effects and tutorials.
Vaughan Williams collection
We have a specialist Vaughan Williams collection and permanent display covering the life and works of Ralph Vaughan Williams (1872-1958) and commemorating his strong links with the area where he lived and where he composed some of his most important pieces.
Making Music Kirby Collection
The Making Music Kirby Collection was launched in August 2011 thanks to a generous legacy from Alan Kirby, Making Music's first Chairman. He was a leading figure in choral singing in Surrey and, together with his wife Ethel, was keen to ensure the continued success of choral singing in Surrey.
Please contact Surrey Performing Arts Library for further information on the following:
- Dictionaries, encyclopedias and catalogues for reference (printed and digital)
- Naxos Music Library (streaming service) and Oxford Music Online (including Grove) available via the Adult online reference shelf
- Internet computer and free wifi
- Personal listening facilities for cassettes, CDs and vinyl
- Digital piano – free to use and no booking needed
- Quiet study room
Magazines and journals
We stock a selection of magazines and journals covering our subject and interest areas. Using your library card you can access some of these online: