Please select an option below to find out more about specific events taking place in our libraries or you can choose your local library from the drop down to see what's happening there.
At a Dojo attendees learn by working on projects in an informal atmosphere, talking amongst themselves, and collaborating. As well as coding, you could be designing video games or websites, creating awesome graphics, building electronic circuits or high-tech clothing, or even making and editing films and music! Basically, anything related to computers in any way.
Body in the library
A crime festival, running across various Surrey Libraries. The events range from coffee mornings with an author to a crime writing workshop, from a story time for adults to author talks and book signings:
- Father Brown, from page to screen, at Redhill Library - Thursday 15 November.
- Daniel Pembrey at Esher Library - Wednesday 21 November.
- Tea with Sandra Hempel at Dittons Library - Thursday 22 November.
- Elly Griffiths - on tour at Horley Library - Thursday 22 November.
- Crime stories with Cliff Chapman at Reigate Library - Wednesday 28 November.
- Coffee with Jessica Duchen at Weybridge Library - Thursday 29 November.
- William Shaw at Horley Library - Thursday 29 November.
- Nicola Upson at Farnham Library - Friday 30 November.
Surrey reading aloud competition 2018
Surrey Libraries and Brooklands Radio have been looking for people in Surrey who are brilliant at reading aloud.
Help us choose the 2018 winner of the Surrey Reading Aloud competition by listening to each of the entries from our shortlist and voting for your favourite by midnight on Sunday 9 December.
Visit Brooklands Radio to listen and vote.
The winner will be announced on Monday 10 December.
The winner and the person who nominated them will each receive a £20 voucher for books and the winner will be invited to Brooklands Radio to record a Christmas story.
Tune into Brooklands Radio on 24 December to hear this year's winner reading aloud a special Christmas Eve story.
Hearing Champion sessions
We are very pleased to launch this free drop-in service for people with NHS hearing aids. Help available includes basic maintenance, battery supply, trouble-shooting, cleaning and re-tubing.
Sessions will be held monthly in the following libraries: