Computer access available at 13 libraries
- Computers will be available between 10am and 3.45pm except at Horley and Oxted. At these two libraries computers will be available between 10am and 1.45pm given they are currently closing at 2pm.
Scanning facilities will also be available but only at the following libraries: Camberley, Dorking, Epsom, Godalming, Guildford, Redhill, Staines, Weybridge and Woking. Time limit of 30 minutes on the scanner PC.
Guidelines for computer usage
We are introducing safety and social distancing measures to be able to offer this service. These include:
- Use the hand sanitiser provided at the library entrance before using PCs.
- Please book in advance: on the website, by phone via the Contact Centre or with member of staff at the desk.
- There is no "walk up" service.
- Temporary guest logins will not be available.
- Please collect a clean keyboard and mouse from the counter for your computer session and return it afterwards.
- Limiting the time on the PCs to one hour (speak to staff if you need longer for a government application such as Universal Credit) or 30 minutes for the scanner.
- Limiting the number of PCs in use.
- Only one person per PC (unless you need help).
- Children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Printing available - please pay for printing by contactless or with exact change (50p minimum).
- Reducing the amount of contact needed - staff at the library will not be able to help you, but there is a Digital Assistance helpline available, Telephone: 0300 200 1008
- Regular cleans of the PC screen, chair arms, chair back and chair control lever.
- Please use the PCs considerately and minimise waiting time for other customers.
|Library||Opening hours||Open days|
|Ash||10am–1pm click and collect only||Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday|
|Banstead||10am–2pm click and collect only||Tuesday–Saturday|
|Bookham||10am–1pm click and collect only||Tuesday, Thursday, Friday Saturday|
|Caterham Hill||10am–1pm click and collect only||Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday|
|Chertsey||10am–1pm click and collect only||Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday|
|Dittons||10am–2pm click and collect only||Tuesday–Saturday|
|Ewell||10am–2pm click and collect only||Tuesday–Saturday|
|Hersham||10am–1pm click and collect only||Tuesday, Thursday, Friday. Saturday|
|Knaphill||10am–1pm click and collect only||Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday|
|Leatherhead||10am–2pm click and collect only||Tuesday–Saturday|
|Reigate||10am–2pm click and collect only||Tuesday–Saturday|
|Walton||10am–4pm click and collect only||Monday–Saturday|
What should you do with the books and other items you currently have on loan?
All loans, including rental items (e.g. DVDs), are extended until at least 4 September 2020. You will not need to take any action if you already have items on loan, and no extra rental will be charged.
Which services are we offering when we reopen?
You will have the choice to:
- Request books for free in advance using our reservation service and pick them up from your nearest open library. This service will be available from 6 July.
- Use our new Ready Reads service: tell us what you like to read, our team will handpick books for you, ready to collect from your nearest open library. This service will launch on 6 July. Please check back for more details.
- Click and collect service only from 3 August, a further 12 libraries will reopen offering a click and collect door service allowing customers to return their items, collect Ready Reads and reserved books. However, the public will not be allowed into the buildings for the time being.
- Visit 13 libraries to browse a selection of stock and choose what you want to borrow. From 6 July.
- Ask about our Library Direct Home library service if you or someone you know is a vulnerable member of the community.
- Use the Public PCs and printing. Only at the 13 libraries above.
Which services are paused at this time?
- Bus Passes and Blue Badges.
- Use of study spaces, seating areas and meeting rooms.
- Face to face events and Digital Buddy sessions.
- Reservation of music and drama sets.
- Return of music and drama sets.
Which in-branch services are now available online?
- Now available on-line via our Facebook and YouTube channel: Rhymetimes, storytimes and craft activities.
- Look out for our new online summer events programme.
- Join the library online for free.
- Book a basic IT help session.
- Access a large range of free eBooks, eAudio, eMagazines and eResources.
Safety and social distancing measures
We are introducing comprehensive safety and social distancing measures. These will include:
- rigorous cleaning in our libraries and hand sanitiser provided at library entrances.
- limiting the number of customers in our libraries at any one time.
- clear signs asking you to observe social distancing
- protective screens at counters where you need to interact with our staff
- separating returned items from the rest of the stock for 72 hours in line with Public Health England advice
- reducing the amount of contact needed. Services which require close contact such as event and activities, use of public PCs and bus passes will be temporarily paused or moved online.
- introducing a new self-issue system giving you the option to borrow items via your smart phone in the libraries that are open.
Visiting Surrey Libraries with confidence
When you arrive
There may be a queue, please be patient, staff will be on hand to assist you.
When you enter and exit
Please use the hand sanitiser provided or your own sanitiser to clean your hands.
Moving around the library
Please follow the directional arrows to guide you around the space. Always remember to maintain a safe distance.
When you browse
Please select your items quickly to help minimise queues. Go on your own and limit your visit to 30 minutes if you can.
When you borrow and return
Please use the self-service machines or your smart phone for borrow, return and renewals. Remember our staff will always be happy to help.
Make payments by card wherever possible. Cash can be taken through self-service machines.