For the latest news, events and new releases, read the latest copy of our eNewsletter Shelf Life, which has now been incorporated into Surrey Matters.
Follow your library on social media
Library charges from 3 April 2018
The following overdue charges will apply from 3 April:
- Adult books, talking books and language courses - 28p per open day (maximum charge after 30 days = £8.40). Please note that charges for adult books also apply to adult items borrowed on a child or young adult ticket.
- Children's or young adult books if borrowed on an adult card - 10p per open day (maximum charge after 30 days = £3).
- Children's or young adult books if borrowed on an open ticket adult card - 5p per open day (maximum charge after 30 days = £1.50).
You can renew:
- Online (PIN required): www.surreycc.gov.uk/libraries
- By our 24/7 telephone renewal service (no PIN required): 0800 2001001
- Through the Surrey Libraries Solus app (PIN required):
Changes to newspaper provision starting April 2018
Due to budgetary considerations we have recently had to review which newspapers we provide in Surrey Libraries.
The future of Surrey Performing Arts Library
Hearing Champion Sessions
We are very pleased to launch this free drop-in service for people with NHS hearing aids. Help available includes basic maintenance, battery supply, trouble-shooting, cleaning and re-tubing.
Sessions will be held monthly in the following libraries:
- Camberley - first Monday of the month, 10am–12 noon.
- Egham - first Thursday of the month, 1.30pm–2.30pm.
- Godalming - first Monday of the month, 10.30am - 11.30am.
Surrey Libraries' 2018 Children's Book Award
The Surrey Libraries' Children's Book Award celebrates the best current fiction written for seven to nine year olds.
The Shortlist for the 2018 Award has been announced!
The 5 shortlisted books are:
- The Bookshop Girl by Sylvia Bishop
- The New Adventures of Mr Toad: A Race for Toad Hall by Tom Moorhouse
- Me and Mister P by Maria Farrer
- The No. 1 Car Spotter Fights the Factory by Atinuke
- A Jar of Pickles and a Pinch of Justice by Chitra Soundar
Words in Focus book and tour
Last year Surrey Libraries in partnership with Hurtwood Press and The Bluehouse Festival ran a poetry and landscape photography competition called 'Word in Focus'. We had an overwhelming response to the competition with over 160 poetry submissions and 140 photography submissions.
The shortlisted entries have now been collated into a fabulous showcase book which has been printed on the finest archival paper, which means that it won't discolour or fade for more than 500 years!
The book will be undertaking a tour of our libraries.