For the latest news, events and new releases, read the latest copy of our eNewsletter Shelf Life, which has now been incorporated into Surrey Matters.
Follow your library on social media
Recruitment open days
Surrey Libraries are looking to attract friendly and enthusiastic people who will deliver an outstanding service to the people of Surrey. We have part time, full time and casual vacancies available.
We will be holding sessions at:
- Woking Library on Tuesday 31 July from 10.30am to 2.30pm
- Dorking Library on Thursday 2 August from 10.30am to 2.30pm
- Staines Library on Saturday 4 August.from 10.30am to 2.30pm.
Drop in during the above times to:
- to talk to us about the exciting opportunities we have to offer including current vacancies and volunteer opportunities
- have a chat with one of our career coaches
- take a guided tour.
Interested but unable to drop in then please contact us: email@example.com
Surrey Libraries' Children's Book Award winner
The winner of the 2018 Surrey Libraries' Children's Book Award is:
- Me and Mister P by Maria Farrer.
Increased charge for replacement borrower cards
From Monday 6 August 2018 the cost for a replacement library card will increase to £2.
This does not apply to children who would like to change their library to one of the lovely new cards designed by schoolchildren in Merstham, as this can be done free of charge.
The future of Surrey Performing Arts Library
Read our updates for more detailed information.
Our new group charges started on 1 February 2018. Read our guide to group charges (PDF).
Hearing Champion Sessions
We are very pleased to launch this free drop-in service for people with NHS hearing aids. Help available includes basic maintenance, battery supply, trouble-shooting, cleaning and re-tubing.
Sessions will be held monthly in the following libraries:
- Camberley - first Monday of the month, 10am–12 noon.
- Egham - first Thursday of the month, 1.30pm–2.30pm.
- Godalming - first Monday of the month, 10.30am - 11.30am.
Words in Focus book and tour
Last year Surrey Libraries in partnership with Hurtwood Press and The Bluehouse Festival ran a poetry and landscape photography competition called 'Word in Focus'. We had an overwhelming response to the competition with over 160 poetry submissions and 140 photography submissions.
The shortlisted entries have now been collated into a fabulous showcase book which has been printed on the finest archival paper, which means that it won't discolour or fade for more than 500 years!
The book will be undertaking a tour of our libraries.