Surrey Libraries and Surrey Heritage are delighted to announce a series of events based on the life and works of the author Frances "Fanny" Burney, in partnership with Professor Francesca Saggini from the University of Tuscia, in Italy.
The first sell-out event took place at Leatherhead Library on 25 October and will be followed by a second event on 2 February 2023. More details on this second event will be announced in November.
Frances Burney's Surrey
Fanny Burney (1752-1840) lived and wrote in Surrey and was inspired by the area's beautiful countryside and gardens in the Mole Valley area, particularly around Bookham, Mickleham and Box Hill.
To celebrate Fanny Burney and the area she loved, Surrey Libraries and Surrey Heritage are pleased to announce our Photography Competition 'Frances Burney's Surrey'.
We would love to receive your photographs of places or buildings around Surrey, especially in the Mole Valley area, which were associated with Fanny Burney, or which inspire you today.
The competition is open from 25 October 2022 until Sunday 22 January 2023. Submissions should be made online and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and should have been taken during the competition period only.
We would also be pleased to receive printed entries, together with your contact information, at Leatherhead Library.
The winning entry will be announced in February 2023. The winner will receive an Amazon voucher for £50. Two runners-up will each receive an Amazon voucher for £25.
A selection of entries will be on display in Leatherhead Library from December 2022 onwards.
Rules for Entry
1. Each entrant may submit up to a maximum of 4 images.
2. All submissions must have been received by 11.59pm on Sunday 22 January 2023.
3. If possible, title your file as follows: yourname_titleofimage.jpeg
4. Include your name, mobile number, email address and location of where image was taken.
5. Your digital image must be of a Surrey Landscape and should have been taken during the three-month competition period only (25 October 2022 to 22 January 2023).
6. Applicants of any age are encouraged to participate. If under the age of 18, parent/carer consent must be given.
7. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photography competition. Entrants must guarantee that the image they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright.
8. Copyright for all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants.
9. By entering the Competition, you grant Surrey Library Service non-exclusive, irrevocable licence to reproduce, enlarge, publish or exhibit, on any media, the images for any purpose connected with the Competition. This may include but is not limited to: a) display at any exhibitions; b) on a secure web browser for judging purposes; c) on the Surrey County Council website; d) for use in press, promotional and marketing materials – both print & digital; e) on social media used by Surrey Libraries.