Get Online Week
- Monday 2 October – Sunday 8 October
Surrey Libraries is supporting Get Online Week.
Develop your confidence using the internet and learn basic computer skills with help and one-to-one support from our friendly staff and volunteers.
Get free help with Basic Computer Skills including:
- Keyboard and Mouse Skills
- Introduction to the Internet
- Setting up an email account
- Word documents and file management
- Password and Internet security
Get Online Sessions
Each of the following libraries will be holding two separate sessions (10.30am–12.30pm and 1.30pm–3.30pm) on the day indicated:
- Epsom Library – Monday 2 October
- Walton Library – Monday 2 October
- Dittons Library – Tuesday 3 October
- Camberley Library – Wednesday 4 October
- Caterham Valley Library – Wednesday 4 October
- Leatherhead Library – Wednesday 4 October
- Godalming Library – Thursday 5 October
- Ashford Library – Friday 6 October
- Woking Library – Friday 6 October
- Farnham Library – Saturday 7 October
Sessions can be pre booked either in at the library running the sessions or by calling 0300 200 1001 and ask to be put through to the particular library. Drop-in sessions may also be available on the day. You can learn on a library computer or bring you own laptop/tablet.
Hearing Champion Sessions
We are very pleased to launch this free drop-in service for people with NHS hearing aids. Help available includes basic maintenance, battery supply, trouble-shooting, cleaning and re-tubing.
Sessions will be held monthly in the following libraries:
- Camberley - first Monday of the month, 10am–12 noon.
- Egham - first Thursday of the month, 1.30pm–2.30pm.
- Godalming - first Monday of the month, 10.30am - 11.30am.
- Guildford - last Tuesday of the month, time to be confirmed.
Words in Focus book and tour
Last year Surrey Libraries in partnership with Hurtwood Press and The Bluehouse Festival ran a poetry and landscape photography competition called ‘Word in Focus’.
The best entries have been included in an high quality, showcase, book of poetry and landscape photography featuring Surrey.
The book will be undertaking a tour of all of our main town libraries
Surrey Libraries book/film chat
- starting Monday 11 September, 1–2pm via Skype, then every second Monday of the month, same time.
Unable to get to a book group but enjoy talking about books? Do you enjoy films but don't always want to read the book? Discuss a book that you have all read or listened to (audio book) or watched (DVD). This is a great opportunity to talk to like-minded people even if you cannot get out to a book group.
Join in for free but please register your interest via Eventbrite. If you want to find out more you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An enterprising community-based grass roots project focused on digital creation, collaboration and skills development is taking shape at Guildford Makerspace, located at Guildford Library already offers people of all ages and from all walks of life the chance to get hands-on experience of building and working with current and future digital technologies through a programme of fun, informative and inspirational ‘maker’ style events. We have big plans for the future, why not see how you can get involved?
Customer Support Volunteer - drop in sessions
- Tuesday 22 August, from 11am to 2pm