From 5 September 2016, there will be new opening hours for libraries run by Surrey County Council
Increased demand for essential services, coupled with reduced government funding, means Surrey County Council needs to cut its spending in other areas. So from 5 September, opening hours across all the libraries run by the council will be slightly reduced. These changes will be at the quietest times to cause the minimum inconvenience to library users.
- Our larger libraries will now open at 9.30am.
- Our libraries in smaller communities will close at lunchtimes between 1 and 2pm (Monday to Friday).
- The opening hours at our Community Partnered Libraries which are run by volunteers are not affected.
- There continues to be a library open Monday to Saturday across every borough in the county.
- We are reducing the number of hours libraries are open by 7% overall which will save £250,000 a year.
We have analysed how libraries are used to minimise the impact to residents while retaining the quality and range of services we provide. The new opening hours will continue to support Surrey Libraries to deliver co-ordinated activities across the county, from rhyme times to computer classes to reading groups.
For further information please contact: email@example.com