- Disabled parking and accessibility at your local library
- Libraries services for those who have a visual impairment
- Library services for those with a hearing impairment
- Library computers for users with disabilities
- Library Direct Services - for those unable to visit the library themselves
- Dyslexia support in libraries
- Bookshine and Booktouch packs for babies and pre-schoolers with additional needs
Library services for those who have a visual impairment
- Large print books - fiction and non-fiction titles are available for both adults and children.
- Spoken Word/Talking books - CDs are available at most libraries.
- eBooks and eAudiobooks - you can now download these at home for free. The text size of eBooks can be increased.
- Audio Description - some DVDs have this facility, please see individual titles for further information.
- Assistive Technology - please check what is available.
- Booktouch packs are for visually impaired children. Packs are available for two age ranges, for babies or pre-school age children.
If you are interested in any of the above services please contact Digital Services.
The RNIB library
If you are blind, partially sighted or print disabled then you are eligible to join the library of the Royal National Institute for the Blind. They can supply material in the following formats:
- Spoken word
- Giant print
The RNIB library is free to join and more information can be found by phoning them on 0303 123 9999 or by visiting the RNIB website
Library services for those with a hearing impairment
- All libraries are provided with hearing loops. If you experience any problems in accessing a hearing loop in a library, please contact us.
- Subtitles and closed captioning are available on some DVDs.
- Bookshine packs are for children with an hearing impairment. Packs are available for two age ranges, for babies or pre-school age children.
Files available to download
- Access all areas leaflet.pdf (291.3 KB)