How to get help from a Digital Buddy
Make an appointment with our Digital Buddy who can offer free one to one support.
Could you become a Digital Buddy?
If you have some spare time and are good with computers, understand Microsoft Office and know how to use the Internet, you could help other people use them too.
- See what Digital Buddy and other volunteering opportunities are on offer and where they are.
- Also, please see Duties of a Digital Buddy.
Our Digital Buddies can:
- Support learners to use computers/laptops independently in the library for the first time – this will cover booking computer time, logging on/off, promoting the use of library virtual services and membership
- Support learners to practice using hand-outs/worksheets provided by the library
- Support learners to undertake basic computing tasks including:
- File management – opening, closing, editing, saving and printing files
- Navigating and searching the internet
- Using email and attachments
- Basic use of MS Word
Our lovely volunteer Digital Buddy at Oxted library, Ian, talks about what the role involves:
Libraries who offer a Digital Buddy service
Name of library
|Ash Library||Tuesday||10am–12 noon|
|10am–12 noon |
|Banstead Library||Wednesday||10am–12 noon, 2pm–4pm|
|Caterham Valley Library||Tuesday||10am–12 noon|
|Dittons Library||Friday||10am–12 noon|
|Egham Library||Tuesday |
|Frimley Green Library||Friday||10am–12 noon|
|Haslemere Library||Alternate Fridays||10am–12 noon|
|Horley Library||Every 2nd and 3rd Wednesday of the month|
|Knaphill Library||Every third Tuesday of the month|
|Leatherhead Library||Wednesday||10am–12 noon|
|Lingfield Library||By appointment with library staff|
|Old Woking Community Centre||Friday||2.30pm–4.30pm|
|Oxted Library||Alternate Thursdays||9.45am–12.45pm|
|10am–12 noon |
|West Byfleet Library||Friday||2pm–4pm|
|Weybridge Library||Tuesday||10am–12 noon|