We've subscribed to a range of quality information sources so you can have a reference library at home or at the library.
When signing in to resources marked with an asterisk, prefix your borrower number with SURREY
If you have trouble logging into our online products, have a look at our help page.
- 19th Century Newspapers
Two million pages from national and regional newspapers, covering the 19th century.
- Access to Research (only available in Surrey libraries)
Over 6,000 publicly funded scientific research journals available for anyone to read in the library.
- Ancestry (only available in Surrey libraries)
Search your family history using Ancestry's selection of UK censuses, parish records and many other national and international databases.
- British Newspaper Archive (only available in Surrey libraries)
Explore over 200 years of history - millions of stories: from your street to the world. To view images in the library you will need to register for your own free account.
The Complete Business Reference Advisor for those looking to start a business, write a business plan, or conduct market research.
- Credo Reference
An online library providing access to a selection of reference books, including encyclopedias, dictionaries, thesauri and books of quotations.
- Custom Journals
Access indexes and many current and historical full text articles from 100 journals including Lancet, Good Housekeeping, Popular Science, Farmers Weekly and many more.
- Custom Newspapers
Access to 2,500 titles (including The Daily Telegraph, The Economist, Financial Times, The Guardian, Independent, Daily Mail, The Mirror, The Times and The Observer) in the library and from home.
- Encyclopedia Britannica
Search over 118,000 articles from the Encyclopedia Britannica.
- Find My Past (only available in Surrey libraries)
A family history and genealogy website with an ever-growing collection of over 560 million family history records.
- Gale Vault
Use this powerful tool to cross-search 19th Century Newspapers and Times Digital Archive simultaneously.
Preparing for your Citizenship test, Surrey Libraries can help with free access to GoCitizen - the citizenship test study programme.
- John Johnson Collection (only available in Surrey libraries)
The John Johnson Collection of printed ephemera from the Bodleian Library offers unique insights into the changing nature of everyday life in Britain.
- Law and rights (only available in Surrey libraries)
Relevant and updated daily, this is a complete legal resource for anyone with a question about the rights and responsibilities associated with living, working or engaging in life in Britain.
- Mint UK (Addlestone, Camberley, Dorking, Epsom, Godalming, Guildford, Redhill, Walton and Woking)
Powerful business intelligence, for detailed information about companies, directors, news and industry research. You can also create mailing lists.
- MyWorkSearch (only available in Surrey libraries)
MyWorkSearch gives you both job-search training and a highly effective job-search tool. Improve your CV, track relevant new vacancies and keep your JobCentre Plus adviser informed effortlessly. Sign up for MyWorkSearch in one of our libraries and you will have access to this comprehensive resource for 12 months.
- Naxos Music Library
Online streaming music resource containing over 35,000 CDs. We have a limited number of concurrent users so if you are unable to login, please try again later.
- Oxford Art Online
* Prefix your borrower number with SURREY. Access the vast content of Grove Art Online and other Oxford art reference resources in one location.
- Oxford Bibliographies
* Prefix your borrower number with SURREY. We are able to offer access to two modules giving authoritative research guides on British and Irish and Victorian literature.
- Oxford Dictionaries
* Prefix your borrower number with SURREY. Dictionaries and thesauruses, expert advice on style, usage, grammar, and spelling, plus specialist guides for legal and technical writing.
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography
* Prefix your borrower number with SURREY. Information on over 50,000 people from around the world who have helped to shape Britain's past.
- Oxford English Dictionary
* Prefix your borrower number with SURREY. The history of the English language and its usage.
- Oxford Language Dictionaries
* Prefix your borrower number with SURREY. Look up a word or browse our foreign language dictionaries in French, German, Italian, Spanish or Chinese.
- Oxford Music Online
* Prefix your borrower number with SURREY. Access multiple resources including Grove Music Online, Oxford Music Online, The Oxford Companion to Music and the Oxford Dictionary of Music, as well as Colin Larkin's Encyclopedia of Popular Music.
- Oxford Press - Ten Very Short Introductions
* Prefix your borrower number with SURREY. Provides the perfect way to get ahead in a new subject quickly. You can search across several titles at once, consider study options, embark on a new topic, or revise a particular subject.
- Oxford Reference Online
* Prefix your borrower number with SURREY. Dictionaries, quotations, thesauri, timelines, maps, flags and encyclopedias. Over 100 reference works for you to search!
*Prefix your borrower number with SURREY. Today's papers including the Independent, Guardian, Telegraph, Daily Mail, Daily Express. Also regional papers and newspapers from around the world.
- Road to IELTS Academic
Preparation and practice for the International English Language Test.
- Road to IELTS General Training
Preparation and practice for the International English Language Test.
- Theory Test Pro
A highly realistic online simulation of the UK's driving theory test. It contains the entire official test questions licensed from the DSA.
- Times Digital Archive
Contains every issue of The Times between 1785 and 2010. View a short guided tour of Times Digital Archive (this may take a few minutes to load).
- Universal Class
Learn something new today! Create your own account to access over 500 continuing education courses online.
- Which? magazine
Many Surrey libraries have a login for Which? that can be used on computers in those libraries (click on the link above for a list). Staff will be pleased to log users in, but please book your computer online, in person or by phoning 0300 200 1001.
- Who Else Writes Like?
Wondering what to read next? Read everything by your favourite writer? "Who Else Writes Like?" will help you find new authors.
- Who Next...?
Read everything by your favourite author? This interactive tool will help parents, teachers and librarians to find alternative authors.
- Who's Who and Who Was Who
* Prefix your borrower number with SURREY. The classic directory of the noteworthy and influential, both in the UK and worldwide.
- World Book Kids
Search for facts, pictures, maps and use the online dictionary in the World Book encyclopedia.
- Zinio Magazine Collection
View digital copies of your favourite magazines.