Coronavirus: due to the coronavirus outbreak, all Surrey Libraries are closed
Please read this urgent statement about Surrey's library service including information about loans and renewals.
Shut but still open
We have published a list of online services, activities and fun things for both children and adults to do whilst at home.
If you have a question, get an answer from the Surrey libraries super online information team!
Children's Online Reference Shelf
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography
* Prefix your borrower number with SURREY. Information on over 50,000 people from around the world who have helped to shape Britain's past.
Today's papers including the Independent, Guardian, Telegraph, Daily Mail, Daily Express. Also regional papers and newspapers from around the world.
- Times Digital Archive
Contains every issue of The Times between 1785 and 2010. View a short guided tour of Times Digital Archive (this may take a few minutes to load).
- Listen carefully when your homework is being set. Make sure you understand what you have to do and when it has to be handed in.
- Allow yourself plenty of time - don't leave your homework until the last minute. If you leave it too late, you might not be able to find all the information you need.
- Before you start, spend some time thinking about the subject. What do you already know? What information will you need? Will you need pictures?
- Work out what resources you might need to use - books, websites, magazines, newspapers etc.
- Look carefully at the information you find. Is it reliable and accurate? Is it up to date?
- Don't just copy information from books or websites! You must always explain and write things in your own words.
Be Internet SMART
Be Internet SMART provides you with tips to keep you smart and safe on the web.