The Reminiscence Collection is held at Redhill library. It is designed to be used by individuals and healthcare professionals caring for and supporting people with dementia, memory impairment or loss.
The collection consists of a wide range of materials for use in reminiscence therapy. It includes music, DVDs, flashcards, posters, toys and books: textbooks, activity books and themed books for browsing. The collection aims to stimulate memories of life from the 1920s onwards.
What we provide
- Local library collection points
- Free catalogue for reminiscence professionals (pdf downloadable at bottom of page)
- Free service for registered users
How to register
To become a registered user a carer/care worker should visit any Surrey library with:
- Name and address identification from their home, eg a utility bill/driving licence
- Name and address identification from their place of work (if applicable) eg a letter header/ID badge
A paper catalogue of the collection will then be provided, together with instructions on how to reserve and collect items.
Carers/care workers may borrow up to 12 items for a period of six weeks. Items may be reserved online, using card number and PIN, or by email or telephone.
The collection may be viewed by appointment only.
Files available to download
- Reminiscence collection catalogue (1.5 MB)