Period of representations (Regulation 19)
The Submission Plan was agreed by Cabinet on Tuesday 18 December 2018. We are now publishing the Submission Plan for a period of six weeks to gather representations prior to submission of the plan to the Secretary of State, in accordance with the adopted Statement of Community Involvement and Regulation 19 of the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012.
We are publishing this Submission Plan from 14 January 2019 to 24 February 2019 to allow comments to be made on the plan. These representations will then be forwarded to the Secretary of State when the plan is submitted in April. A public examination before an independent inspector will follow in summer 2019.
Representations can be made via the online survey on Surrey Says.
If you are having difficulty accessing the online survey you may also submit a representation by filling out this Regulation 19 Representation form (PDF) and sending it to the email address or postal address below.
Post: Planning and Development Service Minerals and Waste Planning Policy, Room 385 County Hall, Penrhyn Road, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 2DW
The documents that make up the Submission Surrey Waste Local Plan can be found below.
- Surrey Waste Local Plan Part 1 Policies (PDF) This file size is large, please use Wi-Fi when downloading.
- Surrey Waste Local Plan Part 2 Sites (PDF) This file size is a large, please use Wi-Fi when downloading.
- Surrey Waste Local Plan Non-Technical Summary (PDF)
- Site Identification and Evaluation Report (January 2019) (PDF)
- Industrial Land Areas of Search Identification Report (December 2018) (PDF)
- Delivering the Spatial Strategy (January 2019) (PDF)
- Types of Waste Management Facilities - Explanation Note (January 2019) (PDF)
- Waste Needs Assessment (January 2019) (PDF)
Consultation and cooperation documents
- Duty to Cooperate Evidence of Engagement (January 2019) (PDF)
- Consultation Statement (January 2019) (PDF)
- Draft Plan Consultation Summary Report (November 2018) (PDF)
Strategic Environmental Assessment and Sustainability Appraisal
We have prepared an Environmental and Sustainability Report which incorporates a Strategic Environmental Assessment and a Sustainability Appraisal. The report assesses the likely social, economic and environmental effects of the plan, as well as highlighting the key environmental effects of the proposals and reasonable alternative options.
The report comprises:
- Environmental and Sustainability Non-Technical Summary (PDF)
- Environmental and Sustainability Report (PDF)
- Environmental and Sustainability Appendix A (PDF)
- Environmental and Sustainability Appendix B (PDF)
- Environmental and Sustainability Appendix C 1-3 (PDF)
- Environmental and Sustainability Appendix C 4-5 (PDF)
- Environmental and Sustainability Appendix C 6 (PDF)
- Environmental and Sustainability Appendix C 7-9 (PDF)
- Environmental and Sustainability Appendix C 10 (PDF)
- Environmental and Sustainability Appendix C 11-12 (PDF)
- Environmental and Sustainability Appendix D ILAS (PDF)
Habitats Regulations Assessment
Interim Position Statement - 14 January 2019
A Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA) of the Submission version of the Surrey Waste Local (SWLP) is currently being prepared and will be available to view from 1 February 2019.
A draft version of the HRA (PDF) was prepared to inform the SWLP and was published in July 2018, along with Appendix A (PDF), Appendix B (PDF), and Appendix C (PDF). That draft version considered the six sites that are allocated in the Submission SWLP under Policy 11.
The latest version will take account of the sites allocated under Policy 11 in the Submission SWLP and the 'Industrial Land Areas of Search' identified under Policy 10 in the Submission SWLP.
Natural England has previously reviewed the approach to the HRA and has indicated that it is satisfied with the methodology. Natural England will be consulted on the HRA of the Submission SWLP.
Other Site Assessment Reports
Sites proposed for allocation in the Submission Surrey Waste Local Plan have undergone detailed site assessment work, the assessments undertaken were:
- Air Quality Impact Assessment (April 2018)
- Health Impact Assessment (July 2018)
- Landscape and Visual Sensitivity Study (May 2018)
- Landscape and Visual Options Study: Lambs Business Park (October 2018)
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (May 2018)
- Transport Assessment (July 2018)
The results of these assessments are summarised in the following report:
The full individual reports have not been uploaded due to their size. If you wish to review any of these reports please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently asked questions
A document containing Frequently Asked Questions (PDF) relating to the new Surrey Waste Local Plan and responses has been updated as of January 2019.
Help with accessing documents or the online survey
If you have any questions about this period for representations or you are having difficulty in accessing the documents please contact Surrey County Council by:
- Email: email@example.com
- Post: Minerals and Waste Planning Policy, Room 385 County Hall, Penrhyn Road, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 2DW
If you are having difficulty accessing the online survey you may submit a representation by filling out the Regulation 19 Representation Form (PDF) and sending it to the email address above.
Preparing the new Surrey Waste Local Plan
The preparation of the Surrey Waste Local Plan has followed a number of stages.
We have published a Minerals and Waste Development Scheme (PDF) which sets out the milestones in preparing the plan. This was agreed by cabinet on Tuesday 18 December 2018.
Between 2 September and 25 November 2016 we consulted on the Issues and options for the Surrey Waste Local Plan.
Between 1 November 2017 and 7 February 2018 we consulted on the Draft Surrey Waste Local Plan.
We are now publishing the Submission Surrey Waste Local Plan for a period of representations in line with Regulation 19 of the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012.