The Place Ambition Conference was held on 11 July 2019 at the H.G. Wells Conference and Events Centre in Woking. Councillor David Bittleston, Leader, Woking Borough Council, welcomed delegates to Woking before Rob Moran, Chair of the Surrey Future Steering Board and Chief Executive, Elmbridge Borough Council, gave a presentation introducing the Place Ambition.
Rob chaired the first panel session which focused on investing in Surrey as a place to work. There were presentations from:
- Councillor Colin Kemp – Board Member of Coast to Capital and Enterprise M3 Local Enterprise Partnerships and Deputy Leader, Surrey County Council
- Dejan Bojic – Associate Director and 5G Action Learning Network Lead, Connected Places Catapult
- Rupert Clubb – Lead Officer, Transport for the South East and Director of Communities, Economy and Transport at East Sussex County Council
Damian Roberts, Chair of the Surrey 2050 Place Ambition Task Group and Chief Operating Officer, Epsom and Ewell Borough Council, chaired the second panel session on investing in Surrey as a place to live. There were presentations from:
- Sarah Jane Chimbwandira – Director of the Surrey Nature Partnership and Chief Executive of the Surrey Wildlife Trust
- Sarah Parker – Director of Transformation and Surrey Heartlands' Academy, Surrey Heartlands Health and Care Partnership
- Sue Morgan – Director of Architecture and the Built Environment, Design Council
The Place Ambition document is available to download below.
Files available to download
- Surrey Place Ambition Version 1 July 2019 (PDF)
A strategic partnership between a diverse range of stakeholders across Surrey, helping to deliver place leadership, infrastructure and good growth up to 2050.