The Place Ambition Conference was held on 11 July 2019 at the H.G. Wells Conference and Events Centre in Woking. Councillor David Bittleston, Leader, Woking Borough Council, welcomed delegates to Woking before Rob Moran, Chair of the Surrey Future Steering Board and Chief Executive, Elmbridge Borough Council, gave a presentation introducing the Place Ambition.
Rob chaired the first panel session which focused on investing in Surrey as a place to work. There were presentations from:
- Councillor Colin Kemp – Board Member of Coast to Capital and Enterprise M3 Local Enterprise Partnerships and Deputy Leader, Surrey County Council
- Dejan Bojic – Associate Director and 5G Action Learning Network Lead, Connected Places Catapult
- Rupert Clubb – Lead Officer, Transport for the South East and Director of Communities, Economy and Transport at East Sussex County Council
Damian Roberts, Chair of the Surrey 2050 Place Ambition Task Group and Chief Operating Officer, Epsom and Ewell Borough Council, chaired the second panel session on investing in Surrey as a place to live. There were presentation from:
- Sarah Jane Chimbwandira – Director of the Surrey Nature Partnership and Chief Executive of the Surrey Wildlife Trust
- Sarah Parker – Director of Transformation and Surrey Heartlands' Academy, Surrey Heartlands Health and Care Partnership
- Sue Morgan – Director of Architecture and the Built Environment, Design Council
The presentations and Place Ambition document are available to download below.
A report summarising the outcomes of the conference including the agenda and attendance list is also available to download below.
Files available to download
- Surrey Place Ambition Version 1 July 2019 (1.2 MB)
A strategic partnership between a diverse range of stakeholders across Surrey, helping to deliver place leadership, infrastructure and good growth up to 2050.
- Place Ambition Conference (286.2 KB)
A summary of the outcomes of Surrey's 2050 Place Ambition conference, held in July 2019.
- Rob Moran - Introduction to the Surrey 2050 Place Ambition (955.8 KB)
A presentation delivered by Rob Moran, Chief Executive of Elmbridge Borough Council and Chair of the Surrey Future Steering Board, introducing the aims of the workshop.
- Councillor Colin Kemp - Maximising our economic assets (759.7 KB)
A presentation delivered by Cllr Colin Kemp, Board Member of Coast to Capital and Enterprise M3 Local Enterprise Partnerships and Deputy Leader of Surrey County Council, regarding economic prosperity and the LEPs work.
- Dejan Bojic - Digitally Connected Places (350.0 KB)
A presentation from Dejan Bojic, from Connected Places Catapult, on digitally connected places.
- Rupert Clubb - A transport strategy for the South East (1.0 MB)
A presentation delivered by Rupert Clubb, from Transport for the South East, on their transport strategy and working collaboratively.
- Sarah Jane Chimbwandira - Recovering Surrey's Nature - Creating Sustainable Places (1.7 MB)
A presentation delivered by Sarah Jane Chimbwandira, from the Surrey Wildlife Trust, on recovering Surrey's nature and creating sustainable places.
- Sarah Parker - Surrey Health and Wellbeing Strategy (664.5 KB)
A presentation delivered by Sarah Parker, Director of Transformation, Surrey Heartlands Health and Care Partnership, on promoting improved health and wellbeing in Surrey.
- Sue Morgan - The Design Council (2.4 MB)
A presentation delivered by Sue Morgan, from The Design Council, on designing better places. File size over 2MB.