- Gov.uk provides an online resource for small and medium sized businesses (SMEs) with advice on how to start, manage and improve a business. It links to all relevant government departments and has an online application and payment process for some business licences. Contracts finder is an online tool which displays details of all new procurement opportunities, tender documents and contracts for central government over £10,000.
- Surrey Chambers of Commerce is a business support organisation which offers Surrey businesses a wide range of services and benefits to help improve their prospects.
- The Federation of Small Businesses is the UK's largest campaigning pressure group promoting and protecting the interests of the self-employed and owners of small firms. In order to support this area, there is 'Surrey and West Sussex region', which has over 10,000 members and is the second largest region within the FSB.
- The Institute of Directors (IoD) has 38,000 members in the UK. It aims to support business by encouraging entrepreneurial activity and promoting responsible business practice.
- Enterprise First - free, confidential and independent advice to those considering starting a business and to existing small enterprises.
- Prince's Trust - if you're aged between 18-30 and want to start your own business but have been turned down by lenders because of your age, credit record or because you're out of work the Prince's Trust can help.
- Surrey Research Park - a major centre of excellence in technology, science, health and engineering offering research and development facilities and fully serviced accommodation with flexible lease terms.
Surrey County Council's regional partners
- National Farmers Union - Democratic organisation representing farmers and growers in England and Wales.
- Natural England - Statutory body working to conserve and enhance the countryside, and promote social equality and economic opportunity. Natural England brings together English Nature, the Countryside Agency and the Rural Development Service.
- Surrey Community Action - Surrey Community Action is a Rural Community Council and a Council for Voluntary Service, providing support to both the voluntary sector and the wider community in Surrey. Areas of work include advice for village shops and halls, voluntary car schemes and Information Technology support for voluntary groups.
- Farmers' Markets Surrey - Details of farmers' markets throughout the county.
- The South East Food Group Partnership - Aims to raise the profile of speciality products both regionally and beyond. Discover what gastronomic delights are available in the South East of England.