The Local Democracy, Economic Development and Construction Act 2009 included a duty (now rescinded) that required Surrey County Council to prepare a Local Economic Assessment.
The Surrey LEA (available to download below) is accompanied by an Executive Summary and Technical Annex. The Executive Summary highlights the key findings of the LEA and the Technical Annex includes the underlying evidence used to inform the report.
As part of the LEA, SQW and Cambridge Econometrics undertook analysis on forward-looking economic scenarios.
The economic forecasts were updated in 2013, using the same economic model and similar scenarios. The 2010 and 2013 reports are available to download below.
Files available to download
- Surrey Local Economic Assessment Executive Summary (87.9 KB)
Executive Summary of the Surrey Local Economic Assessment
- Surrey LEA Technical Annex (1.3 MB)
The Technical Annex of the Surrey Local Economic Assessment
- Surrey LEA Part 1 (1.1 MB)
Surrey Local Economic Assessment (pages 1-35)
- Surrey LEA Part 2 (800.7 KB)
Surrey Local Economic Assessment (pages 36-75)
- Surrey LEA Part 3 (598.9 KB)
Surrey Local Economic Assessment (pages 76-114)
- Economic Forecasting (622.7 KB)
Forecasts and future scenarios of the Surrey economy
- Economic forecasts and future scenarios 2013 (1.7 MB)
An update to work undertaken in 2010