Follow the links below for details of countryside sites that are open for public access in Surrey.
- The Countryside Estate owned by Surrey County Council is managed by the Surrey Wildlife Trust. A list of woodland sites managed by the Surrey Wildlife Trust can be found.
- The Woodland Trust and The National Trust both manage land, including woodlands in Surrey.
- Waverley Borough Council manages over 41 woodland and other countryside sites.
- The City of London manage a few sites in the northern part of Surrey including the Coulsdon Commons and Ashtead Common - a 500 acre Ancient Woodland and one of only 3 National Nature Reserves in the county.
- Forest Enterprise (an Agency of the Forestry Commission) manages some 1600 hectares of forest and woodland in Surrey, many of their sites offer open access to the public. For further information on Forestry Commission sites in Surrey telephone 02380 283141 or visit the Forestry Commission website.